J. PHILIP BERQUIST, Grand Master
A picture of the Grand Master appears in the Frontispiece and above.
- 1 QUARTERLY COMMUNICATIONS
- 2 SPECIAL COMMUNICATIONS
- 3 FEAST OF ST. JOHN THE EVANGELIST
- 4 LIST OF LODGES IN MASSACHUSETTS BY DISTRICT: 1983
- 4.1 DISTRICT 1: Boston
- 4.2 DISTRICT 2: Cambridge
- 4.3 DISTRICT 2: Boston
- 4.4 DISTRICT 3: Boston
- 4.5 DISTRICT 3: Chelsea
- 4.6 DISTRICT 4: South Boston
- 4.7 DISTRICT 4: Dorchester
- 4.8 DISTRICT 4: Roxbury
- 4.9 DISTRICT 5: Waltham
- 4.10 DISTRICT 5: Brighton
- 4.11 DISTRICT 6: Somerville
- 4.12 DISTRICT 6: Arlington
- 4.13 DISTRICT 7: Malden
- 4.14 DISTRICT 7: Melrose
- 4.15 DISTRICT 8: Salem
- 4.16 DISTRICT 8: Lynn
- 4.17 DISTRICT 9: Gloucester
- 4.18 DISTRICT 10: Newburyport
- 4.19 DISTRICT 11: Lawrence
- 4.20 DISTRICT 12: Lowell
- 4.21 DISTRICT 13: Fitchburg
- 4.22 DISTRICT 13: Barre
- 4.23 DISTRICT 14: Greenfield
- 4.24 DISTRICT 15: North Adams
- 4.25 DISTRICT 16: Pittsfield
- 4.26 DISTRICT 17: Holyoke
- 4.27 DISTRICT 18: Chicopee
- 4.28 DISTRICT 18: Springfield
- 4.29 DISTRICT 19: Palmer
- 4.30 DISTRICT 20: Blackstone
- 4.31 DISTRICT 21: Brookfield
- 4.32 DISTRICT 22: Worcester
- 4.33 DISTRICT 23: Natick
- 4.34 DISTRICT 24: Marlboro
- 4.35 DISTRICT 25: Hyde Park
- 4.36 DISTRICT 26: Quincy
- 4.37 DISTRICT 27: Plymouth
- 4.38 DISTRICT 28: Taunton
- 4.39 DISTRICT 28: Attleboro
- 4.40 DISTRICT 29: Brockton
- 4.41 DISTRICT 30: Fall River
- 4.42 DISTRICT 30: New Bedford
- 4.43 DISTRICT 31: Nantucket
- 4.44 DISTRICT 32: Hyannis
- 4.45 DISTRICT 32: Provincetown
- 4.46 DISTRICT 33: Springfield
- 4.47 PANAMA CANAL DISTRICT
- 4.48 CHILE DISTRICT
- 4.49 CHINA DISTRICT
- 4.50 CARIBBEAN DISTRICT
(held at Masonic Temple, Boston)
- 03/09: 1983-8;
- 06/08: 1983-119;
- 09/14: 1983-162;
- 12/14: 1983-196; (Annual Communication)
- 1983-15: Presentation of a Masonic Flag by Thomas Lodge.
- 1983-30: Appointment of Grand Representative.
- 1983-133: Appointment of Grand Representatives.
- 1983-147: Recognition of the Gran Logia de España.
- 1983-149: Presentation of a Joseph Warren Medal to Wor. George A. Wilkins, Grand Organist.
- 1983-170: Report of the Committee on Records.
- 1983-172: Greetings to, and appointment of, Grand Representatives.
- 1983-178: Presentations.
- 1983-179: Budget for 1984.
- 1983-204: Presentations to DeMolay and Rainbow.
- 1983-205: Report of the Committee on Records.
- 1983-216: Greetings to, and appointment of, Grand Representatives.
- 1983-218: Presentations.
- Visits by Grand Master Berquist, beginning on Page 1983-A9:
- Eureka, New Bedford (04/25; 125th Anniversary; Special Communication)
- Ocean, Winthrop (05/07; 25th Anniversary; Special Communication)
- St. John's (Boston) (05/19; 250th Anniversary)
- New Meadows, Topsfield (06/27; 25th Anniversary; Special Communication)
- St. John's (Boston) (07/30; 250th Anniversary reenactment of presentation of charter; Special Communication)
- King Solomon's, Somerville (11/12; 200th Anniversary)
- Hall Dedications and corner-stone layings:
- Belchertown (11/20; rededication of hall; Special Communciation)
- Lodge visits:
- Samuel Crocker Lawrence, Medford (01/03)
- Everett C. Benton, Boston (01/06)
- Fidelity, Melrose (01/10; Table Lodge)
- The Harvard, Cambridge (01/20; 50 year PM Certificate for Most Wor. Whitfield W. Johnson)
- (no location) (01/26; reception for Deputy Grand Master Meldon E. Niemi)
- Somerville, Somerville (02/14; reception for Junior Grand Warden Robert Johnston)
- Wellesley, Wellesley (03/01)
- Puritan, Whitman (03/05; Table Lodge)
- Sinim, Tokyo, Japan (03/15; Special Communication)
- Corinthian, Concord (03/25)
- St. John's (Boston) (04/04)
- Grand Lodge of Connecticut (04/06)
- Columbian, Boston (04/07)
- Victory, Watertown (04/16; reception for Senior Grand Warden Shant T. Chebookjian)
- Rabboni, Dorchester (04/19)
- Somerville, Somerville (04/21)
- Mount Zion, Barre (04/23; mortgage burning)
- Major General Henry Knox, Boston (04/27; Table Lodge)
- Hammatt, Boston (05/09)
- Abraham H. Howland Jr., New Bedford (05/10)
- Charles W. Moore, Fitchburg (05/13)
- Grand Lodge of Rhode Island (05/15-05/16)
- Universal, Orleans (05/20)
- Grand Lodge of New Hampshire (05/22)
- Abraham H. Howland Jr., New Bedford (05/26; Ladies' Night)
- Mountain, Shelburne Falls (05/28)
- Columbian, Boston (06/02)
- Star, Athol (06/06)
- Dalhousie, Newtonville (06/08; Past Masters' Night)
- King Solomon's, Somerville (06/12; Charlestown Parade)
- Grand Lodge of Vermont (06/13-06/15)
- DeWitt Clinton, Sandwich (08/02)
- Grand Lodge of Wyoming (08/07)
- St. John's (Boston) (09/01)
- Columbian, Boston (09/13)
- Eastern Star, Rehoboth (09/16; dinner dance)
- Morning Star, Worcester (09/20)
- King David, Taunton (09/21)
- Corner Stone, Duxbury (10/01; installation)
- Fraternity & Fuller, Newtonville (10/02; installation)
- Paul Revere, Brockton (10/11)
- Simon W. Robinson, Lexington (10/17)
- Marine, Falmouth (10/18)
- Phoenix, Hanover (10/20)
- Pequossette, Watertown (10/22; installation)
- Grand Lodge of Georgia (10/25-10/27)
- The DeMolay, Boston (10/29)
- Lodge of St. Andrew, Boston (11/10; installation)
- Galilean, Everett (11/16)
- Charles A. Welch, Maynard (11/26)
- Lodge of St. Andrew, Boston (11/30)
- Columbian, Boston (12/01)
- Winslow Lewis, Boston (12/09; installation)
- Russell, Arlington (12/15)
- Athelstan, Worcester (12/21)
- Visits by other Grand Lodge officers begin on Page 1983-A3.
- 1983-186: Election of Rt. Wor. David B. Richardson as Grand Master. Election of other Grand Lodge officers.
Grand Constitutions Amendment Proposals
- 03/09: 1983-29; Proposed changes to Sections 803, 805, and 814, regarding Grand Master's Jewels; referred.
- 06/08: 1983-143; Additional proposed change to Section 700, regarding the Shrine; referred.
- 12/14: 1983-219: approved.
- 06/08: 1983-145; Changes to various sections regarding the Masonic Home; approved.
Grand Master's Address
- 03/09: 1983-23; opening remarks; 250th Anniversary of Grand Lodge; necrology; anniversary preparations; visits; 75-year presentations.
- 06/08: 1983-132; opening remarks; retirements; Bunker Hill Day; Charlton fair; Grand Representatives; necrology; discipline; dress for funerals; protocol; Grand Lodge dues; visits; New England brotherhood night; 250th Anniversary.
- 09/14: 1983-173; necrology; Grand Representatives; dispensation for new Lodge (The Masters); Masonic Home; Education; Grand Master's Award; Trowel; Country Fair; Events and Visitations;
- 12/14: 1983-212; necrology; visitations; insurance; education; blood program; service; Grand Master Perry; 200th anniversary of King Solomon's Lodge; institution of new Lodge (The Masters); annual reports; library; service; Masonic Home; education; audit; visits; medals.
Lodge By-Law Changes
- 03/09: 1983-10;
- 06/08: 1983-148;
- Full Codes : none.
- Amendments: Baalbec, Belmont-Beaver, Charles W. Moore, Eden, Garden City, The Harvard, Kilwinning, Lafayette (Norwood), Maugus Hill, Mosaic, Mount Holyoke, New Meadows, Oxford, Pequossette, Philanthropic (with changes), Phoenix, Pioneer, Rufus Putnam, Star in the East, Vernon, Wayfarers, William Sewall Gardner; approved.
- 09/14: 1983-187;
- 12/14: 1983-221;
Necrologies and Memorials
- 03/10: 1983-18; Rt. Wor. Clifton J. Toothaker, Sr., Past District Deputy Grand Master.
- 06/08: 1983-133; Rt. Wor. Russell Henry Gray, Past District Deputy Grand Master.
- 06/08: 1983-133; Rt. Wor. Wallace Erwin Graves, Past District Deputy Grand Master.
- 06/08: 1983-134; Rt. Wor. Arthur Alexander Hanson, Past District Deputy Grand Master.
- 06/08: 1983-134; Rt. Wor. Andrew James Main, Past District Deputy Grand Master.
- 06/08: 1983-134; Rt. Wor. William Low, Jr., Past District Deputy Grand Master, Past Grand Steward, Past Grand Pursuivant.
- 06/08: 1983-134; Rt. Wor. Albert W. Canedy, Past Junior Grand Warden.
- 06/08: 1983-135; Rt. Wor. David Stern, Past District Deputy Grand Master, Past Grand Steward.
- 06/08: 1983-135; Rt. Wor. Cuthbert William Tunstall, Past District Deputy Grand Master.
- 06/08: 1983-135; Rt. Wor. Sidney Schlager, Past District Deputy Grand Master.
- 09/14: 1983-171; Rt. Wor. Donald Stuart Gray, Past District Deputy Grand Master.
- 09/14: 1983-171; Rt. Wor. Walter Joseph Hansen, Past District Deputy Grand Master, Past Grand Steward.
- 09/14: 1983-171; Rt. Wor. Dalton Linwood Penniman, Past District Deputy Grand Master.
- 09/14: 1983-171; Rt. Wor. William J. Robinson, Past District Deputy Grand Master.
- 09/14: 1983-172; Rt. Wor. Raymond Arthur Warden, Past District Deputy Grand Master.
- 09/14: 1983-172; Rt. Wor. Nathaniel Litvin, Past District Grand Master (Canal Zone).
- 12/14: 1983-206; Rt. Wor. Paul Creighton Whitney, Past District Deputy Grand Master.
- 12/14: 1983-206; Rt. Wor. Vincent Packard Clarke, Past District Deputy Grand Master, Past Grand Pursuivant.
- 12/14: 1983-206; Rt. Wor. Ralph Chandler Tinkham, Past District Deputy Grand Master.
Past Grand Master Perry
- 06/08: 1983-134; Rt. Wor. Albert W. Canedy, Past Junior Grand Warden, presented by Rt. Wor. James T. Watson, Jr., for the committee.
- 12/14: 1983-206; Rt. Wor. Joseph R. Cotton, Past Deputy Grand Master, presented by Rt. Wor. Robert W. Custance, for the committee.
- 12/14: 1983-208; Rt. Wor. Nathaniel Litvin, Past District Grand Master (Canal Zone), presented by Rt. Wor. Howard W. Osborn, for the committee.
- 12/14: 1983-209; Most Wor. Joseph Earl Perry, Past Grand Master, presented by Most Wor. Whitfield W. Johnson, for the committee.
Petitions for Charters
- 06/08: 1983-128; Petition by Army and Darien Lodges, as Balboa Lodge; granted. Charter amended, 1983-130.
- 06/08: 1983-130; Petition by Loyalty and Realty Lodges, as Loyalty-Realty Lodge; granted. Charter amended, 1983-131.
- 09/14: 1983-216; Norumbega and Brookline Lodges, as Norumbega & Brookline Lodge; granted. Charter amended, 1983-218.
Petitions for Dispensation for Lodges
- 09/14: 1983-173; The Masters, in Newtonville, for the Waltham 5th District; granted. (Instituted 11/21 by DDGM W. Bradford Chase)
- 01/09: 1983-1. Waltham. Installation of the Senior Grand Warden.
- 1983-2: Grand Lodge opened at the home of Senior Grand Warden Shant L. Chebookjian, who was duly installed by the Grand Master.
- 01/25: 1983-3. Boston. Consolidation of Joseph Warren and Soley Lodges as Joseph Warren-Soley Lodge.
- 1983-3: Grand Lodge opened and was received by Wor. Kenneth W. Wood, Master of Joseph Warren Lodge.
- 1983-4: Merger ceremony, described in detail.
- 03/15: 1983-32. Tokyo. Visit to Sinim Lodge.
- 1983-32: Grand Lodge opened and was received by the Brethren of Sinim Lodge and a number of distinguished guests, including Most Wor. Hayao Onishi, Grand Master of Japan.
- 1983-33: Remarks by Grand Master. It was noted that only twice had a Grand Master of Massachusetts visited the Lodge - when Most Wor. Arthur D. Prince had installed its officers on 10/03/1922, and during the visit by Most Wor. Herbert W. Dean on 06/12/1930.
- 1983-34: Conferral of a Fellow Craft Degree.
- 1983-34: Presentations, including a Joseph Warren Medal to Rt. Wor. Joe A. Diele, District Deputy Grand Master.
- 1983-35: (03/16) Dinner meeting; (03/18-19) Visit to Annual Session of the Grand Lodge of Japan.
- 1983-36ff: Address by Grand Master Berquist at the Annual Communication of the Grand Lodge of Japan.
- 04/10: 1983-40. Boston. Dedication of 250th Anniversary Time Capsule.
- 1983-41: Grand Lodge opened and proceeded to the main lobby of the Masonic Temple.
- 1983-41: Dedication of the 250th Anniversary Time Capsule, to be opened in 2033.
- 1983-41: List of contents.
- 1983-45: Introduction of guests. Presentation of a Joseph Warren Medal to Hon. Bro. Richard H. Hudnut III, Mayor of Indianapolis, who had delivered the sermon at the Anniversary Church Service.
- 04/11: 1983-47. Boston. 250th Anniversary Communication.
- 1983-51: Opening remarks by the Grand Master. Introduction of Guests.
- 1983-56: Addresses and remarks.
- 1983-56: The Grand Master.
- 1983-58: Wor. Salvator P. Russo, Master of St. John's (Boston).
- 1983-59: Past Grand Master Donald W. Vose.
- 1983-59: Past Grand Master Whitfield W. Johnson.
- 1983-62: Past Grand Master Laurence E. Eaton.
- 1983-62: Past Grand Master Thomas A. Booth.
- 1983-63: Past Grand Master Herbert H. Jaynes.
- 1983-65: Past Grand Master Stanley F. Maxwell.
- 1983-65: Past Grand Master Arthur H. Melanson.
- 1983-69: Past Grand Master Donald W. Vose, as Chairman of the Committee.
- 1983-71: M.W. Miguel A. Canales, Grand Master of Panama.
- 1983-72: M.W. Douglas Philps, Grand Master of British Columbia.
- 1983-73: M.W. Earl K. Dille, Grand Master of Missouri.
- 1983-73: R.W. Michael W. Walker, Grand Secretary of Ireland.
- 1983-76: M.W. Lord Cornwallis, Pro Grand Master of England.
- 1983-79: Anniversary Banquet.
- 1983-80: Presentation of Proclamation by Senator and Brother Robert D. Wetmore.
- 1983-81: Representative and Brother Forrester A. Clark, Jr.
- 1983-82: M.W. Jamie Fernandez, Past Grand Master of the Dominican Republic.
- 1983-83: Bro. Wendell N. Gustafson, Consul General of Sweden.
- 1983-83: Ill. Carl Sandmark, personal representative of Prince Bertil, Grand Master of Sweden.
- 1983-84: Rt. Wor. W. Eugene Bondurant, District Grand Master of Panama District.
- 1983-85: Bro. Bernie Kaplan of Trowel Magazine.
- 1983-86: M.W. Jorgen Shroder, representing the Grand Master of China.
- 1983-86: M.W. Theodore Way, representing the Grand Lodges of the Philippines and India.
- 1983-87: M.W. Lord Cornwallis, Pro Grand Master of England.
- 1983-89: M.W. Dorsey H. Doyle, Grand Master of North Dakota.
- 1983-90: Hon. and Bro. Mark Andrews of North Dakota.
- 1983-100: Guest Program for the 250th Anniversary Celebration.
- 04/25: 1983-102. New Bedford. 125th Anniversary of Eureka Lodge.
- 05/07: 1983-107. Lynnfield. 25th Anniversary of Ocean Lodge of Winthrop.
- 1983-107: Grand Lodge opened at the Town Lyne House, Lynnfield, and was received by the Brethren and their ladies in the Banquet Hall.
- 1983-107: Greetings from the Winthrop Board of Selectmen.
- 1983-108: Address by the Grand Master.
- 1983-108ff: History of Ocean Lodge, by Rt. Wor. Meyer Weker.
- 06/27: 1983-150. Topsfield. 25th Anniversary of New Meadows Lodge.
- 1983-150: Grand Lodge opened at the Proctor Elementary School, Topsfield, and was received by Wor. Arthur T. Simmonds, Jr., Master of New Meadows Lodge.
- 1983-150: Presentation of a Master Mason Degree.
- 1983-150: Memorial Service for departed Charter Members.
- 1983-151: Address by the Grand Master.
- 1983-151ff: History of New Meadows Lodge.
- 06/29: 1983-154. Stoughton. Uniting of Loyalty and Realty Lodges. Deputy Grand Master Meldon E. Niemi presiding.
- 1983-154: Grand Lodge opened and was received by Wor. Nicholas Spear and Wor. David B. Blanchard, Masters of the two Lodges.
- 1983-155: Merger ceremony. The two lodges were united as Loyalty-Realty Lodge.
- 1983-155: Address by the Acting Grand Master. Remarks by other Brothers.
- 07/30: 1983-157. Boston Re-enactment of the consolidation of First Lodge.
- 1983-157: Grand Lodge opened at Old North Church. "Grand Officers and participating Brethren were attired in dress of the early eighteenth century."
- 1983-158: Address by the Grand Master and introduction of guests.
- 1983-159: Re-enactment of the constitution ceremony.
- 11/20: 1983-189. Belchertown. Rededication of a Masonic Temple.
- 1983-190: Grand Lodge opened and was received by the Brethren and ladies of Vernon Lodge.
- 1983-190: Remarks by the Grand Master.
- 1983-190: Rededication of the Temple "in accordance with ancient form and ceremony."
- 1983-192ff: Historical Sketch of Masonry in Belchertown, by Wor. William H. Squires, Jr. Notes on Mount Vernon and Vernon Lodges.
FEAST OF ST. JOHN THE EVANGELIST
(held at Masonic Temple, Boston, 12/27/1983)
- 1983-258: Opening and roll call.
- 1983-264: Reception and introduction of guests, as well as Grand Representatives.
- 1983-265: Report of Grand Secretary; 1,204 diplomas issued. List of lodges not represented in Grand Lodge in 1983, as well as the past 2 years.
- 1983-266: Installation of Grand Master Richardson. Installation of other Grand Officers.
- 1983-268: Feast of St. John. Toasts and names of speakers:
- 1983-269: The Grand Master.
- 1983-270: Deputy Grand Master Gerald G. Delano.
- 1983-273: Most Wor. Kenneth W. Shannon, Grand Master of Wisconsin.
- 1983-274: Most Wor. Ronald E. Gorshaw, Grand Master of Canada (Ontario).
- 1983-276: Wor. and Rev. Robert B. Dennett, Grand Chaplain.
LIST OF LODGES IN MASSACHUSETTS BY DISTRICT: 1983
There were 47 districts in Massachusetts in 1983 (numbered 1 through 33), as well as districts for Chile, China, the Caribbean and Panama.
David L. Esancy, District Deputy Grand Master; 10 Lodges
- St. John's (Boston, 1733)
- Lodge of St. Andrew, (Boston, 1752)
- The Massachusetts (Boston, 1770)
- Columbian (Boston, 1796)
- Mount Lebanon (Boston, 1801)
- Germania (Boston, 1854)
- Winslow Lewis (Boston, 1855)
- Revere (Boston, 1856)
- Joseph Warren-Soley (Boston, 1856) merged 01/25
- Shawmut (Boston, 1911)
Edward J. Primmer, Jr., District Deputy Grand Master; 7 Lodges
- Amicable (Cambridge, 1805)
- The Lodge of Eleusis (Boston, 1865)
- Mizpah-Faith (Cambridge, 1867)
- Charity (Cambridge, 1869)
- Joseph Webb (Boston, 1876)
- Richard C. MacLaurin (Cambridge, 1920)
- The DeMolay (Boston, 1975)
Franklin N. Cunningham, District Deputy Grand Master; 6 Lodges
- Mount Olivet (Cambridge, 1863)
- Zetland (Boston, 1867)
- Euclid (Boston, 1916)
- The Harvard (Cambridge, 1922)
- Boston University (Boston, 1925)
- Moses Michael Hays (Needham, 1931)
Paul W. Anderson, District Deputy Grand Master; 8 Lodges
- Mount Tabor (Boston, 1846)
- Henry Price (Boston, 1858)
- Hammatt (East Boston, 1859)
- Robert Lash (Chelsea, 1867)
- Temple (Boston, 1870)
- Seaview (Revere, 1917)
- Fourth Estate (Boston, 1922)
- Ocean (Winthrop, 1958)
M. Mark Klein, District Deputy Grand Master'; 6 Lodges
- Star of Bethlehem (Wakefield, 1844)
- Baalbec (East Boston, 1852)
- Winthrop (Winthrop, 1887)
- Adelphi-Noddle's Island (Watertown, 1920)
- Everett C. Benton (Boston, 1925)
- Major General Henry Knox (Boston, 1926)
Robert A. MacDougal, District Deputy Grand Master; 5 Lodges
- St. Paul's (Braintree, 1846)
- Prospect (Roslindale, 1890)
- Algonquin, Dorchester, 1913)
- Loyalty-Realty (Stoughton, 1920)
- Zerubbabel (Quincy, 1950)
Ernest C. Sofis, District Deputy Grand Master; 5 Lodges
- Union (Dorchester, 1796)
- Gate of the Temple (Stoughton, 1855)
- Rabboni (Dorchester, 1869)
- Macedonian (Milton, 1893)
- Brotherhood (Boston, 1926)
Leonard H. Pinaud, District Deputy Grand Master; 5 Lodges
- Eliot (Westwood, 1866)
- Dorchester (Dorchester, 1912)
- West Roxbury (Roslindale, 1919)
- Milton (Milton, 1922)
- Hesperia (Boston, 1925)
W. Bradford Chase, Jr., District Deputy Grand Master; 8 Lodges + 1 U.D.
- Monitor (Waltham, 1820)
- Dalhousie (Newtonville, 1860)
- Beth-Horon (Brookline, 1870)
- Fraternity and Fuller (Newtonville, 1875)
- Wellesley (Needham, 1912)
- Victory (Watertown, 1920)
- Nehoiden (Needham, 1927)
- Garden City (Newtonville, 1954)
- The Masters (Newtonville, U.D.)
Manson H. Carter, District Deputy Grand Master; 10 Lodges
- Bethesda (Brighton, 1819)
- Pequossette (Watertown, 1856)
- Belmont-Beaver (Belmont, 1864)
- Isaac Parker (Waltham, 1867)
- Norfolk (Needham, 1874)
- Norumbega (Newtonville, 1920)
- Brookline (Brookline, 1920)
- United (Brookline, 1924)
- Waltham (Waltham, 1928)
- Maugus Hill (Wellesley, 1957)
Merwin E. Chandler, District Deputy Grand Master; 7 Lodges
- King Solomon's (Charlestown, 1783)
- Mount Hermon (Medford, 1854)
- Simon W. Robinson(Lexington, 1870)
- Friendship (Wilmington, 1901)
- Russell (Arlington, 1923)
- Simonds (Burlington, 1955)
- Frank W. Thompson (Bedford, 1955)
Charles E. Myers, District Deputy Grand Master; 9 Lodges
- Washington (Lexington, 1796)
- Hiram (Arlington, 1797)
- Mount Horeb (Woburn, 1855)
- John Abbot (Somerville, 1857)
- William Parkman (Winchester, 1864)
- Somerville (West Somerville, 1912)
- Sagamore (West Medford, 1913)
- Samuel Crocker Lawrence (Medford, 1920)
- Freedom (Arlington, 1947)
Robert F. Lucas, District Deputy Grand Master; 7 Lodges
- Mount Vernon (Malden, 1857)
- Good Samaritan (Reading, 1870)
- King Cyrus (Stoneham, 1875)
- Fidelity (Melrose, 1918)
- Galilean (Everett, 1921)
- Mount Scopus (Malden, 1930)
- North Reading (North Reading, 1955)
W. Howard Moller, Sr., District Deputy Grand Master; 7 Lodges
- Wyoming (Melrose, 1856)
- William Sutton (Saugus, 1866)
- Palestine (Everett, 1868)
- Converse (Malden, 1887)
- Golden Rule (Wakefield, 1888)
- The Lodge of Stirling (Malden, 1910)
- Lynnfield (Lynnfield, 1946)
Harry W. Dill, Jr., District Deputy Grand Master; 8 Lodges
- Essex (Salem, 1791)
- Mount Carmel (Lynn, 1805)
- Mosaic (Danvers, 1870)
- Damascus (Lynn, 1906)
- Wayfarers (Swampscott, 1914)
- Budleigh (Beverly, 1921)
- Benjamin F. Arrington (Lynn, 1928)
- New Meadows (Topsfield, 1958)
Douglas F. Hulsman, District Deputy Grand Master; 7 Lodges
- Philanthropic (Marblehead, 1760)
- Jordan (Peabody, 1808)
- Amity (Danvers, 1863)
- Starr King (Salem, 1864)
- Golden Fleece (Lynn, 1864)
- Bethlehem (Lynn, 1920)
- Mount Sinai (Lynn, 1946)
Martin J. Hanrahan, District Deputy Grand Master; 6 Lodges
- The Tyrian (Gloucester, 1770)
- Liberty (Beverly, 1824)
- Ashler (Rockport, 1851)
- John T. Heard (Ipswich, 1864)
- Acacia (Gloucester, 1865)
- Manchester (Manchester, 1920)
G. Harvey Ellis, District Deputy Grand Master; 7 Lodges
- St. John's (Newburyport, 1766)
- Merrimack (Haverhill, 1802)
- St. Mark's (Newburyport, 1803)
- Warren (Amesbury, 1822)
- Saggahew (Haverhill, 1864)
- Charles C. Dame (Georgetown, 1867)
- Bethany (Merrimac, 1868)
Fred A. Dobson, District Deputy Grand Master; 5 Lodges
- St. Matthew's (Andover, 1822)
- Grecian (Lawrence, 1825)
- John Hancock (Methuen, 1860)
- Tuscan-Phoenician (Lawrence, 1863)
- Cochichewick (North Andover, 1874)
Donald W. Fudge, District Deputy Grand Master; 8 Lodges
- Corinthian (Concord, 1797)
- Pentucket (Lowell, 1807)
- Ancient York (Lowell, 1852)
- Kilwinning (Lowell, 1866)
- William North (Lowell, 1867)
- Thomas Talbot (Billerica, 1889)
- Wamesit (Tewksbury, 1921)
- William Sewall Gardner (Lowell, 1928)
William A. Wilkins, District Deputy Grand Master; 7 Lodges
- St. Paul's (Ayer, 1797)
- Aurora (Leominster, 1801)
- Trinity (Clinton, 1858)
- Caleb Butler (Ayer, 1859)
- Wilder (Leominster, 1859)
- Charles W. Moore (Fitchburg, 1865)
- Tahattawan (Littleton, 1929)
Warren C. Wilson, District Deputy Grand Master; 6 Lodges
- Mount Zion (Barre, 1800)
- Orange (Orange, 1859)
- Hope (Gardner, 1864)
- Star (Athol, 1864)
- Artisan (Winchendon, 1865)
- Athol (Athol, 1872)
Edward A. Walsh, District Deputy Grand Master; 7 Lodges
- Republican (Greenfield, 1795)
- Harmony (Northfield, 1796)
- Mountain (Shelburne Falls, 1806)
- Morning Sun (Conway, 1869)
- Bay State (Montague, 1872)
- Mechanic's (Montague, 1878)
- Mount Sugar Loaf (South Deerfield, 1912)
George T. Wiles, District Deputy Grand Master; 5 Lodges
- Lafayette (North Adams, 1847)
- Berkshire (South Adams, 1857)
- Upton (Cheshire, 1869)
- Williams (Williamstown, 1871)
- Greylock (North Adams, 1871)
Willis B. Altman, District Deputy Grand Master; 9 Lodges
- Cincinnatus (Great Barrington, 1795)
- Evening Star (Lenox, 1795)
- Wisdom (West Stockbridge, 1803)
- Mystic (Pittsfield, 1810)
- Globe (Hinsdale, 1869)
- Occidental (Stockbridge, 1870)
- Crescent (Pittsfield, 1873)
- Unity (Dalton, 1896)
- Pittsfield (Pittsfield, 1920)
Ronald E. Jackson, District Deputy Grand Master; 7 Lodges
- Jerusalem (South Hadley, 1797)
- Pacific (Amherst, 1860)
- Mount Tom (Holyoke, 1850)
- Ionic (Easthampton, 1867)
- Mount Holyoke (South Hadley, 1869)
- Hampshire (Haydenville, 1871)
- William Whiting (Holyoke, 1909)
Basil A. Crandell, District Deputy Grand Master; 5 Lodges
- Chicopee (Chicopee, 1848)
- Brigham (Ludlow, 1891)
- Esoteric (Springfield, 1909)
- Charles C. Spellman (East Longmeadow, 1921)
- Samuel D. Sherwood (Springfield, 1921)
Frederick N. Stiteler, Jr., District Deputy Grand Master; 6 Lodges
- Hampden (Springfield, 1817)
- Mount Moriah (Westfield, 1856)
- Huntington (Russell, 1866)
- Springfield (Springfield, 1895)
- Mount Orthodox (West Springfield, 1913)
- Federal (Cheshire, 1914)
Neil A. Noble, District Deputy Grand Master; 5 Lodges
- Thomas (Palmer, 1796)
- Quaboag (Warren, 1858)
- Day Spring (Monson, 1862)
- Eden (Ware, 1863)
- Vernon (Belchertown, 1869)
L. Sargent Clifford, District Deputy Grand Master; 6 Lodges
- Solomon's Temple (Uxbridge, 1818)
- Blackstone River (Blackstone, 1855)
- Webster (Webster, 1858)
- Oxford (Oxford, 1859)
- Mumford River (Douglas, 1877)
- Granite (Northbridge, 1880)
Lee F. Merlin, District Deputy Grand Master; 8 Lodges
- Morning Star (Worcester, 1793)
- Quinebaug (Southbridge, 1859)
- Hayden (Brookfield, 1863)
- Spencer (Spencer, 1871)
- Meridian Sun (North Brookfield, 1894)
- Rufus Putnam (Rutland, 1912)
- Isaiah Thomas (Worcester, 1920)
- Bay Path (West Brookfield, 1923)
Richard D. Gates, District Deputy Grand Master; 9 Lodges
- Olive Branch (Millbury, 1797)
- Franklin (Grafton, 1851)
- Montacute (Worcester, 1858)
- Athelstan (Worcester, 1865)
- Quinsigamond(Worcester, 1870)
- Boylston (West Boylston, 1876)
- Joel H. Prouty (Auburn, 1927)
- Matthew John Whittall (Shrewsbury, 1928)
- Level (Worcester, 1952)
William S. Elliott, District Deputy Grand Master; 8 Lodges
- Meridian (Watertown, 1797)
- Montgomery (Milford, 1797)
- John Warren (Hopkinton, 1860)
- Mount Hollis (Holliston, 1864)
- North Star (Ashland, 1864)
- Siloam (Westborough, 1866)
- Charles River (Medway, 1871)
- Alpha (Framingham, 1875)
David F. Schnare, District Deputy Grand Master; 6 Lodges
- Middlesex (Framingham, 1795)
- United Brethren (Marlborough, 1859)
- Doric (Hudson, 1864)
- St. Bernard (Southborough, 1867)
- Charles A. Welch (Maynard, 1872)
- Perfection (Framingham, 1957)
Roland K. Woodberry, District Deputy Grand Master; 9 Lodges
- Rising Star (Stoughton, 1799)
- Orient (Norwood, 1861)
- Blue Hill (Canton, 1863)
- Lafayette (Norwood, 1865)
- Hyde Park (Hyde Park, 1866)
- Constellation (Dedham, 1871)
- Azure (Walpole, 1921)
- Dover (Dover, 1951)
- Sharon (Sharon, 1959)
Clayton A. Bemis, District Deputy Grand Master; 8 Lodges
- Rural (Quincy, 1801)
- Norfolk Union (Randolph, 1819)
- Orphan's Hope (Weymouth, 1825)
- Delta (Braintree, 1868)
- Wollaston (Quincy, 1899)
- Theodore Roosevelt-Manet (Quincy, 1919)
- Atlantic (Quincy, 1920)
- Wessagusset (Weymouth, 1920)
Richard A. Gaudette, District Deputy Grand Master; 8 Lodges
- Old Colony (Hingham, 1792)
- Corner Stone (Duxbury, 1801)
- Plymouth (Plymouth, 1825)
- Konohassett (Cohasset, 1864)
- Phoenix (Hanover, 1873)
- Satuit (Scituate, 1875)
- Nantascot (Hull, 1954)
- Daniel Webster (Marshfield, 1964)
Joseph Freedman, District Deputy Grand Master; 7 Lodges
- King David (Taunton, 1798)
- May Flower (Middleboro, 1864)
- Paul Dean (North Easton, 1867)
- Charles H. Titus (Taunton, 1872)
- Eastern Star (Rehoboth, 1924)
- Netop (Seekonk, 1924)
- Ezra (Taunton, 1952)
Kendall F. Higgins, District Deputy Grand Master; 6 Lodges
- Bristol (North Attleboro, 1797)
- St. Alban's (Wrentham, 1818)
- St. James (Mansfield, 1864)
- Excelsior (Franklin, 1866)
- Ionic (Taunton, 1867)
- Ezekiel Bates (Attleboro, 1870)
Robert D. Hermanson, District Deputy Grand Master; 8 Lodges
- Fellowship (Bridgewater, 1797)
- Paul Revere (North Bridgewater, 1856)
- John Cutler (Abington, 1859)
- Puritan (East Bridgewater, 1869)
- St. George (Brockton, 1877)
- Satucket (East Bridgewater, 1881)
- Baalis Sanford (Brockton, 1917)
- Wampatuck (East Bridgewater, 1946)
Sydney Grunberg, District Deputy Grand Master; 7 Lodges
- Mount Hope (Fall River, 1824)
- Eureka (New Bedford, 1857)
- Pioneer (Somerset, 1863)
- Abraham H. Howland Jr. (New Bedford, 1915)
- Massasoit-Narragansett (Fall River, 1915)
- Watuppa (Fall River, 1926)
- Wamsutta (New Bedford, 1949)
William H. Wilbour, District Deputy Grand Master; 6 Lodges
- Star in the East (New Bedford, 1823)
- King Philip (Fall River, 1866)
- George H. Taber (Fairhaven, 1872)
- Noquochoke (South Westport, 1878)
- Paskamansett (New Bedford, 1920)
- Quittacus (New Bedford, 1921)
Kenneth W. Deitz, District Deputy Grand Master; 5 Lodges
- Union (Nantucket, 1771)
- Social Harmony (Middleboro, 1823)
- Martha's Vineyard (Oak Bluffs, 1859)
- Pythagorean (Marion, 1861)
- Oriental (Oak Bluffs, 1866)
Kenyon A. Carr, District Deputy Grand Master; 5 Lodges
- Marine (Falmouth, 1798)
- Fraternal (Barnstable, 1801)
- DeWitt Clinton (Sandwich, 1855)
- Howard (Yarmouth, 1869)
- Mariners' (Cotuit, 1871)
Robert O. Thayer, District Deputy Grand Master; 6 Lodges
- King Hiram's (Provincetown, 1795)
- Mount Horeb (Dennis, 1854)
- Pilgrim (Harwich, 1859)
- Adams (Wellfleet, 1865)
- St. Martin's (Chatham, 1872)
- Universal (Orleans, 1917)
James A. Pool, District Deputy Grand Master; 6 Lodges
- Roswell Lee-Samuel Osgood (Springfield, 1864)
- Belcher (Chicopee, 1870)
- Newton (Wilbraham, 1870)
- Indian Orchard-Shawmont (Springfield, 1911)
- Elm (West Springfield, 1924)
- Longmeadow (Longmeadow, 1931)
W. Eugene Bondurant, District Grand Master; 4 Lodges
- Sojourners (Cristobal, Canal Zone, 1912)
- Ancon (Ancon, Canal Zone, 1913)
- Balboa (Empire, Canal Zone, 1915) merged 06/08
- Sibert (Gatun, Canal Zone, 1918)
Oscar E. Gibson, District Deputy Grand Master; 3 Lodges
- Bethesda (Valparaiso, Chile, 1854)
- Huelen (Santiago, Chile, 1876)
- St. John's (Concepción) (Concepción, Chile, 1884)
Joe A. Diele, District Deputy Grand Master; 3 Lodges
- Ancient Landmark (Shanghai, China, 1863) In recess
- Shanghai (Shanghai, China, 1903) In recess
- Sinim (Tokyo, Japan, 1903)
- International (Peking, China, 1915) In recess
- Hykes Memorial (Tientsin, China, 1922) In recess
Robert J. Aven, District Deputy Grand Master; 1 Lodge
- Caribbean Naval (Guantánamo, Cuba, 1966)