SIMON W. ROBINSON, Grand Master
- 1 NOTES
- 2 QUARTERLY COMMUNICATIONS
- 3 SPECIAL COMMUNICATIONS
- 4 FEAST OF ST. JOHN THE EVANGELIST
- 5 LIST OF LODGES BY DISTRICT: 1847
Held at Masonic Temple, Boston
- 03/10: V-125;
- 06/09: V-134;
- 09/08: V-138 (Rt. Wor. Winslow Lewis, Jr., Deputy Grand Master, presiding)
- 12/08: V-144; (Annual Communication)
- V-137: Grand Secretary instructed to transmit report and vote regarding General Grand Lodge to the Baltimore Convention.
- V-145: Correspondence between Grand Master Robinson and President Polk.
- V-146: Report of the Committee of Finance.
- V-147: Report of the Trustees of the Temple.
- V-148: Re-election of Simon W. Robinson as Grand Master (60 ballots), and other Grand Lodge officers.
- V-149: Committee appointed on installation arragements.
Grand Constitutions Amendment Proposals
Grand Master's Address
- 03/10: V-126; Address by Grand Master Robinson.
- V-132; Committee appointed to consider the matter of a General Grand Lodge.
- 06/09: V-135; Committee suggested that it was "inexpedient" for such an organization to be created, and that Grand Lodge of Massachusetts not be part of it.
- 09/08: V-139; Grand Master Robinson "called to a distant part of the country." A report that Montgomery Lodge's charter was returned on 07/06, and that a dispensation was issued for a lodge in North Adams on 07/08. Also, that President and Bro. James Polk was met by a committee of Massachusetts Masons in Springfield.
Necrologies and Memorials
Petitions for Charters
Petitions for Dispensation for Lodges
Petitions for Restoration of Charter
- 03/10: V-131; Petition by Union Lodge, Nantucket, to replace the original charter destroyed by a recent fire; recommended on 09/09/1846, granted despite impropriety regarding property.
- 06/09: V-136; Petition by Mystic Lodge, Pittsfield, referred.
- 09/08: V-141; Lodge Charter to be restored.
- 06/09: V-136; Petition by Montgomery Lodge, Medway, reconsidered.
- 09/08: V-142; Lodge Charter restored (on 07/06).
- 12/27: V-159; Petition by Grecian Lodge; to remove to Lawrence (if approved by St. Matthew's Lodge); granted.
FEAST OF ST. JOHN THE EVANGELIST
(held at Masonic Temple, Boston, 12/27/1847)
- V-150: Instruction session.
- V-151: Grand Master's message regarding the formation of a General Grand Lodge; referred.
- V-156: Installation of Grand Master Robinson and other Grand Lodge officers. Past Grand Master Peabody addressed the Grand Master "in appropriate terms on the acceptable manner in which he had discharged his important duties during the last two years, and on the encouraging prospect which the Institution in this Commonwealth now presents." An address was given by Rt. Wor. George G. Smith on Duty.
LIST OF LODGES BY DISTRICT: 1847
Note: This is extremely conjectural, and based in part on the locations of the appointed Deputies.
Addison Searle (Chelsea), District Deputy Grand Master; 13 Lodges
- St. John's (Boston, 1733)
- Lodge of St. Andrew, (Boston, 1756)
- The Massachusetts (Boston, 1770)
- Columbian (Boston, 1796)
- Union (Dorchester, 1796)
- Meridian (Watertown, 1797)
- Mount Lebanon (Boston, 1801)
- Amicable (Cambridge, 1805)
- Bethesda (Brighton, 1819)
- Monitor (Waltham, 1820)
- Star of Bethlehem (Chelsea, 1844)
- Mount Tabor (East Boston, 1845)
- St. Paul's (South Boston, 1846)
Samuel Bowden (Marblehead), District Deputy Grand Master; 6 Lodges
- Philanthropic (Marblehead, 1760)
- The Tyrian (Gloucester, 1770)
- St. Mark's (Newburyport, 1803)
- Mount Carmel (Lynn, 1805)
- Warren (Amesbury, 1822)
- Liberty (Beverly, 1824)
Nathan Ordway (Fitchburg), District Deputy Grand Master; 9 Lodges
- King Solomon's (Charlestown, 1783)
- St. Paul's (Groton, 1797)
- Corinthian (Concord, 1797)
- Hiram (West Cambridge, 1797)
- Pentucket (Lowell, 1807)
- Jordan (Danvers, 1808)
- Good Samaritan (Reading, 1816)
- St. Matthew's (Andover, 1822)
- Grecian (Lawrence, 1825) charter restored, removed to new location
Jonathan Greenwood (Framingham), District Deputy Grand Master; 7 Lodges
- Middlesex (Framingham, 1795)
- Olive Branch (Sutton, 1797)
- Montgomery (Medway, 1797) charter restored 07/06/1847
- Constellation (Dedham, 1801)
- Solomon's Temple (Uxbridge, 1818)
- Oxford (Oxford, 1825)
- Doric (Southbridge, 1826)
Samuel Chandler (Canton), District Deputy Grand Master; 3 Lodges
- Fellowship (Bridgewater, 1797)
- King David (Taunton, 1798)
- Rising Star (Stoughton, 1799)
- Corner Stone (Duxbury, 1801)
Pliny Slocomb (Sutton), District Deputy Grand Master; 7 Lodges
- Morning Star (Worcester, 1793)
- Meridian Sun (Brookfield, 1797)
- Mount Zion (Hardwick, 1800)
- Aurora (Fitchburg, 1801)
- Harris (Templeton, 1802)
- Eden (Ware, 1824)
- Bethel (Enfield, 1825)
Lucien B. Keith (New Bedford), District Deputy Grand Master; 3 Lodges
Samuel H. Jenks (Nantucket), District Deputy Grand Master; 2 Lodges
, District Deputy Grand Master; 5 Lodges + 1 U.D.