FRANCIS J. OLIVER, Grand Master
- 1 NOTES
- 2 QUARTERLY COMMUNICATIONS
- 3 PETITIONS FOR CHARTERS
- 4 SPECIAL COMMUNICATIONS
- 5 LIST OF LODGES IN MASSACHUSETTS BY DISTRICT: 1819
- 5.1 DISTRICT 1 (Boston and vicinity)
- 5.2 DISTRICT 2 (Newburyport and North Shore)
- 5.3 DISTRICT 3 (South Shore and Cape Cod)
- 5.4 DISTRICT 4 (Southeast)
- 5.5 DISTRICT 5 (Framingham, west and north)
- 5.6 DISTRICT 6 (Central Mass., Worcester)
- 5.7 DISTRICT 7 (North Central Massachusetts)
- 5.8 DISTRICT 8 (Berkshires)
- 5.9 DISTRICT 9 (Southern Maine)
- 5.10 DISTRICT 10 (Central Maine)
- 5.11 DISTRICT 11 (Eastern Maine)
- 5.12 DISTRICT 12 (Islands)
- 5.13 OUTSIDE OF MASSACHUSETTS
- 03/10 (Masons Hall, Boston): III-189;
- III-189: Installation of some Grand Lodge officers.
- III-190: Election of Grand Charity Fund trustees.
- III-191: The Grand Master is directed to investigate delinquency among lodges in the jurisdiction.
- III-192: Report of committee on ". . . certain reports which have been circulated to the prejudice of the Grand Officers in the discharge of their official duties, appointed 12/09/1818";
- 09/08: III-210; committee discharged.
- III-193: First report from committee on American Union Lodge.
- III-194: Report of committee on American Bible Society. (in detail beginning on page III-196.)
- III-194: Committee on support of Amherst Academy. (in detail beginning on page III-197.)
- 06/10 (Masons Hall, Boston): III-200;
- III-201: Report on American Union Lodge; charter expired, and that lodge is to conform to the Grand Lodge of Ohio.
- III-206ff: Various correspondence.
- 09/08 (Masons Hall, Boston): III-209;
- III-210: Committee on remonstrance from Temple Lodge to be discharged.
- III-211: Committee on petition by brethren for a lodge in Watertown were given leave to withdraw their petition. (They would successfully petition in 1820 for a lodge in Waltham.)
- III-211: Petition by King David Lodge for remission, referred.
- III-211: Petition by Eastern Star Lodge for remission, referred.
- III-214: Report of the Standing Committee on Charity.
- III-217ff: By-Laws of the Grand Lodge of Massachusetts (1819).
- 12/08 (Masons Hall, Boston): III-239;
- III-241: A delegation from Districts 9, 10 and 11 presented a Memorial regarding the establishment of a new Grand Lodge in Maine, subsequent to its creation as a separate State.
- III-242: Report on reconciliation in Middlesex Lodge.
- III-243: Report of committee on suspensions and expulsions.
- III-244: Report of Charity Committee.
- III-246: Report of Finance Committee.
- III-249: Election of Samuel Prescott Phillips Fay as Grand Master. Election of other Grand Officers.
- III-252: Communication from Grand Lodge of New Hampshire.
- III-252: Petition by The Tyrian Lodge, Gloucester, for charitable assistance.
- 12/27, III-254; granted.
- III-253: Memorial regarding irregularities in Pentucket Lodge.
- 12/27: III-264; referred to District Deputy Grand Master, 5th Masonic District.)
- 12/27 (Masons Hall, Boston): III-254;
- III-256: Report of committee on the future Meeting Place of the Grand Lodge; recommendation for the purchase of Merchants Hall. Grand Treasurer instructed to subscribe for shares in a corporation.
- III-259: Presentation by Grand Master Oliver on "the state and Condition of the Craft under this jurisdiction."
- III-259: Installation of Grand Master Fay and other Grand Lodge officers.
- III-262: Thanks voted to past Grand Treasurer.
PETITIONS FOR CHARTERS
- 09/08: III-211; Petition for lodge in Watertown to be withdrawn.
LIST OF LODGES IN MASSACHUSETTS BY DISTRICT: 1819
DISTRICT 1 (Boston and vicinity)
Thomas Power, District Deputy Grand Master; 17 Lodges
- St. John's (Boston, 1733)
- Lodge of St. Andrew, (Boston, 1756)
- The Massachusetts (Boston, 1770)
- King Solomon's (Charlestown, 1783)
- Columbian (Boston, 1796)
- Washington (Roxbury, 1796)
- Union (Dorchester, 1796)
- Hiram (Lexington, 1797)
- Meridian (Watertown, 1797)
- Mount Moriah (Reading, 1798)
- Mount Lebanon (Boston, 1801)
- Rural (Quincy, 1801)
- Constellation (Dedham, 1801)
- Amicable (Cambridge, 1805)
- Good Samaritan (Reading, 1816)
- Mount Hermon (Malden, 1817)
- Bethesda (Brighton, 1819)
DISTRICT 2 (Newburyport and North Shore)
Andrew Nichols, District Deputy Grand Master; 10 Lodges
- St. John's (Newburyport, 1766)
- The Tyrian (Gloucester, 1770)
- St. Peter's (Newburyport, 1773)
- Unity (Ipswich, 1779)
- Essex (Salem, 1792)
- Merrimack (Haverhill, 1802)
- St. Mark's (Newburyport, 1803)
- Mount Carmel (Lynn, 1805)
- Pentucket (Chelmsford, 1807)
- Jordan (Danvers, 1808)
DISTRICT 3 (South Shore and Cape Cod)
Sylvester Baker, District Deputy Grand Master; 8 Lodges
- Old Colony (Hanover, 1792)
- King Hiram's (Provincetown, 1795)
- Fellowship (Bridgewater, 1797)
- Adams (Wellfleet, 1797)
- Fore Fathers' Rock (Plymouth, 1801)
- Sumner (Dennis, 1801)
- Fraternal (Barnstable, 1801)
- Corner Stone (Duxbury, 1801)
DISTRICT 4 (Southeast)
Abiathar Richardson, District Deputy Grand Master; 9 Lodges
- Bristol (Attleboro, 1797)
- Montgomery (Medway, 1797)
- Eastern Star (Rehoboth, 1798)
- King David (Taunton, 1798)
- Rising Star (Stoughton, 1799)
- Washington Remembered (Roxbury, 1803)
- St. Alban's (Wrentham, 1818)
- Solomon's Temple (Uxbridge, 1818)
- Norfolk Union (Randolph, 1819)
DISTRICT 5 (Framingham, west and north)
David Wilder, District Deputy Grand Master; 7 Lodges
- Trinity (Lancaster, 1776)
- Middlesex (Framingham, 1795)
- St. Paul's (Groton, 1797)
- Corinthian (Concord, 1797)
- Social (Ashby, 1798)
- Aurora (Leominster, 1801)
- Fredonia (Northboro, 1810)
DISTRICT 6 (Central Mass., Worcester)
James Fisk Robbins, District Deputy Grand Master; 11 Lodges
- Morning Star (Worcester, 1793)
- Fayette (Charlton, 1796)
- Thomas (Monson, 1796)
- Olive Branch (Oxford, 1797)
- Meridian Sun (Brookfield, 1797)
- Mount Zion (Hardwick, 1800)
- Harris (Templeton, 1802)
- Charity (Milford, 1803)
- Humanity (Holland, 1811)
- Thompson (Rutland, 1812)
- Hampden (Springfield, 1817)
DISTRICT 7 (North Central Massachusetts)
Titus Strong, District Deputy Grand Master; 11 Lodges
- Federal (Blandford, 1792)
- Republican (Greenfield, 1794)
- Harmony (Northfield, 1796)
- Jerusalem (Northampton, 1797)
- Pacific (Leverett, 1801)
- Mountain (Rowe, 1806)
- Mount Vernon (Belchertown, 1807)
- Friendly Society (Southwick, 1807)
- Mount Pleasant (Granville, 1808)
- Rising Sun (Sandisfield, 1808)
- Golden Rule (New Salem, 1815)
DISTRICT 8 (Berkshires)
John Whiting, District Deputy Grand Master; 9 Lodges
- Friendship (Williamstown, 1785)
- Franklin (Cheshire, 1794)
- Evening Star (Lenox, 1795)
- Cincinnatus (Great Barrington, 1795)
- Sincerity (Partridgefield, 1801)
- Wisdom (West Stockbridge, 1803)
- Sheffield (Sheffield, 1803)
- Mystic (Pittsfield, 1810)
- Orion (Cummington, 1815)
DISTRICT 9 (Southern Maine)
William Swan, District Deputy Grand Master; 18 Lodges
- Portland (Portland (Me.), 1762)
- Lincoln (Wiscasset (Me.), 1792)
- Kennebec (Hallowell (Me.), 1796)
- United (Topsham (Me.), 1801)
- Saco (Pepperellboro (Me.), 1802)
- Pythagorean (Fryeburg (Me.), 1803)
- Cumberland (New Gloucester (Me.), 1803)
- Oriental (Bridgetown (Me.), 1805)
- Solar (Bath (Me.), 1804)
- Ancient Landmark (Portland (Me.), 1806)
- Oxford (Paris (Me.), 1807)
- Maine (Farmington (Me.), 1808)
- Oriental Star (Livermore (Me.), 1811)
- York (Wells (Me.), 1813)
- Freeport (Freeport (Me.), 1814)
- Village, (Bowdoinham (Me.), 1817)
- Tranquil (Minot (Me.), 1818)
- Blazing Star (Rumford (Me.), 1819)
DISTRICT 10 (Central Maine)
Manly Hardy, District Deputy Grand Master; 8 Lodges
- Hancock (Castine (Me.), 1794)
- Amity (Camden (Me.), 1801)
- Rising Virtue (Bangor (Me.), 1802)
- Orient (Thomaston (Me.), 1806)
- St. George (Warren (Me.) 1806)
- Felicity (Buckston (Me.), 1809)
- Adoniram (Limington (Me.), 1818)
- Northern Star (Anson (Me.), 1818)
DISTRICT 11 (Eastern Maine)
Jonathan D. Weston, District Deputy Grand Master; 4 Lodges
- Warren (Machias (Me.), 1778)
- Eastern (Eastport (Me.), 1801)
- Belfast (Belfast (Me.), 1816)
- Union (Union (Me.), 1819)
DISTRICT 12 (Islands)
Hezekiah B. Gardner, District Deputy Grand Master; 2 Lodges
OUTSIDE OF MASSACHUSETTS
No District Deputy Grand Master; 1 Lodge