ST. JOHN'S GRAND LODGE
JOHN ROWE, Grand Master
- 01/25: I-182; Bunch of Grapes Tavern, Boston.
- Lodges represented: Master's, First, Second
- I-183: Appointment of Grand Officers.
- I-183: Compensation granted to Bro. Abraham Savage; "Bror. Savage being made acquainted with the foregoing Vote, generously declined accepting said Grant." Thanks voted to Bro. Savage for his efforts as Grand Secretary, and for declining the grant.
- I-183: Adjustment voted to "the late Grand Treasurer's Accompts."
- I-184: "The Lodge was informed from the Chair that a number of Brethren belonging to Nantucket had Petitioned for a Warrant to hold a Lodge in that Place, and said Petition being read, the Grand Master asked Counsel of the Lodge, who joined with him in Opinion that the Grand Secretary do acquaint the Petitioners by Letter, that Three Master Masons are necessary to the Constituting a New Lodge; also with the Expence attending the same: and desire them to Nominate one of the Petitioners for their first Master." The petition and the Grand Secretary's response occur on the following pages.
- I-184: Votes on Feast of St. John the Baptist.
- I-184: Votes on charity.
- 04/27: I-185; Bunch of Grapes Tavern, Boston.
- Lodges represented: Master's, First, Second.
- I-186: Text of Charter for Union Lodge, Nantucket. Note: the text of the charter is reproduced in the [http://masonicgenealogy.com/MediaWiki/index.php?title=UnionN#200TH_ANNIVERSARY_HISTORY.2C_JUNE_1971 200th Anniversary History of Union Lodge.
- 07/26: I-190; "being the Time for the Grand Lodge or Quarterly Communication to meet, the same was put off by order of the Grand Master, on Account of the heat of the Weather, and no pressing business to be transacted; till the Stated Time in October next."
- 10/25: I-190; Bunch of Grapes Tavern, Boston.
- Lodges represented: First, Second.
- I-190: Vote to print circular letters regarding the Grand Charity.
- I-190: Votes on the Feast of St. John the Evangelist.
- 06/24: I-187; Feast of St. John the Baptist, Kings Arms Tavern, Boston Neck.
- 12/27: I-191: Feast of St. John the Evangelist, Bunch of Grapes Tavern, Boston.
- I-191: List of attendees.
- I-191: Petitions for Charity.
LIST OF LODGES IN ST. JOHN'S GRAND LODGE JURISDICTION: 1771
|2||Portsmouth (N.H.)||St. John's (Portsmouth)||06/24/1736|
|4||Newfoundland||St. John's, Newfoundland||12/24/1746|
|6||Newport, Rhode Island||St. John's Newport||12/27/1749|
|7||Annapolis, Maryland||Annapolis, Maryland||08/12/1750|
|8||New Haven, Connecticut||Hiram||11/12/1750|
|9||New London, Connecticut||Lodge at New London||01/12/1753|
|10||Middletown, Connecticut||St. John's, Middletown||02/04/1754|
|11||Providence, Rhode Island||St. John's, Cranston||01/18/1757|
|12||Newport, Rhode Island||Master's, Newport||03/20/1759|
|13||Marblehead||Lodge at Marblehead||03/25/1760|
|16||Falmouth (Portland) (Maine)||Portland||03/30/1762|
|17||Elizabeth Town, New Jersey||Temple||07/28/1762|
|18||Pitt County, North Carolina||Pitt County||10/26/1764|
|19||Waterbury, Connecticut||King Solomon's, Waterbury||10/26/1764|
|20||Prince Town, New Jersey||St. John's, Prince Town, New Jersey||10/26/1764|
|24||St. Christopher, West Indies||St. Christopher||10/24/1766|
|25||Barbados, West Indies||Barbados||10/24/1766|
|26||Wallingford, Connecticut||Compass, Wallingford||05/01/1769|
MASSACHUSETTS (PROVINCIAL) GRAND LODGE
JOSEPH WARREN, Grand Master
LIST OF LODGES IN MASSACHUSETTS GRAND LODGE JURISDICTION: 1771
|1||Boston||Lodge of St. Andrew||11/30/1756 Chartered by the Grand Lodge of Scotland|
|2||Boston||Lodge #322||1759 Chartered by the Grand Lodge of Ireland|
|3||Boston||Lodge #58||1769 Chartered by the Grand Lodge of England|