JOHN DIXWELL, Grand Master
- 1 NOTES
- 2 QUARTERLY COMMUNICATIONS
- 3 PETITIONS FOR CHARTERS
- 4 SPECIAL COMMUNICATIONS
- 5 LIST OF LODGES IN MASSACHUSETTS BY DISTRICT: 1822
- 03/13 (Masons Hall, Boston): III-393;
- III-394: Report of committee on repairs to the new Hall.
- III-397: Petition by King Hiram's Lodge for remission of dues, referred.
- 06/12; III-404: refused.
- 06/12 (Masons Hall, Boston): III-398;
- III-401: Report of committee on proceedings in St. Alban's Lodge.
- III-404: Committee appointed to procure a frame for the Washington portrait.
- 09/11; III-408: procured and paid for.
- 09/11 (Masons Hall, Boston): III-406;
- 12/11 (Masons Hall, Boston): III-412;
- III-413: A new Corresponding Grand Secretary appointed.
- III-416: Report of Committee on Finance.
- III-419: Report of Committee on Charity.
- III-420: Proposal from "Brother Henry Clay and others" proposing a formation of a General Grand Lodge of the United States.
- III-422: Re-election of Grand Master Dixwell and other Grand Lodge officers.
- III-423: Committee appointed to consider raising a fund for the institution of an orphans' asylum.
- 12/27 (Masons Hall, Boston): III-425;
- III-426: Installation of Grand Master Dixwell and other Grand Lodge officers.
- III-428: Grand Treasurer's report on delinquent lodges:
- III-428: King Solomon Lodge of Perfection surrenders its charter.
- III-428: Eastern Star Lodge surrenders its charter.
PETITIONS FOR CHARTERS
- 03/13: III-395; Petition for Suffolk Lodge, Boston; refused.
- 09/11: III-411; Petition for Minerva Lodge, Andover, referred.
- 12/11: III-423; Granted, name changed to St. Matthew's Lodge.
- 10/03 (Nantucket): III-430;
- III-430: Constitution of Urbanity Lodge and installation of officers. Officiated by Rt. Wor. Elisha Starbuck, District Deputy Grand Master. Address by Wor. Samuel H. Jenks.
LIST OF LODGES IN MASSACHUSETTS BY DISTRICT: 1822
Paul Dean, District Deputy Grand Master; 8 Lodges
- St. John's (Boston, 1733)
- Lodge of St. Andrew, (Boston, 1756)
- The Massachusetts (Boston, 1770)
- Columbian (Boston, 1796)
- Washington (Roxbury, 1796)
- Union (Dorchester, 1796)
- Mount Lebanon (Boston, 1801)
- Rural (Quincy, 1801)
Jonathan G. Johnson, District Deputy Grand Master; 12 Lodges
- Philanthropic (Marblehead, 1760)
- St. John's (Newburyport, 1766)
- The Tyrian (Gloucester, 1770)
- St. Peter's (Newburyport, 1773)
- Unity (Ipswich, 1779)
- Essex (Salem, 1792)
- Merrimack (Haverhill, 1802)
- St. Mark's (Newburyport, 1803)
- Mount Carmel (Lynn, 1805)
- Jordan (Danvers, 1808)
- St. Matthew's (Andover, 1822)
- Warren (Amesbury, 1822)
Studley Sampson, District Deputy Grand Master; 4 Lodges
- Old Colony (Hanover, 1792)
- Fellowship (Bridgewater, 1797)
- Corner Stone (Duxbury, 1801)
- Norfolk Union (Randolph, 1819)
Josiah J. Fiske, District Deputy Grand Master; 7 Lodges
- Bristol (Attleboro, 1797)
- Montgomery (Medway, 1797)
- King David (Taunton, 1798)
- Rising Star (Stoughton, 1799)
- Constellation (Dedham, 1801)
- Charity (Milford, 1803)
- St. Alban's (Wrentham, 1818)
Abraham Haskell, Jr., District Deputy Grand Master; 8 Lodges
- Trinity (Lancaster, 1776)
- Middlesex (Framingham, 1795)
- St. Paul's (Groton, 1797)
- Corinthian (Concord, 1797)
- Social (Ashby, 1798)
- Aurora (Leominster, 1801)
- Pentucket (Chelmsford, 1807)
- Fredonia (Northboro, 1810)
Joseph Thayer, District Deputy Grand Master; 8 Lodges
- Morning Star (Worcester, 1793)
- Fayette (Charlton, 1796)
- Olive Branch (Oxford, 1797)
- Meridian Sun (Brookfield, 1797)
- Mount Zion (Hardwick, 1800)
- Harris (Templeton, 1802)
- Thompson (Rutland, 1812)
- Solomon's Temple (Uxbridge, 1818)
Alpheus Harding, District Deputy Grand Master; 6 Lodges
- Republican (Gill, 1794)
- Harmony (Northfield, 1796)
- Pacific (Leverett, 1801)
- Orion (Cummington, 1815)
- Golden Rule (New Salem, 1815)
- Mountain (Rowe, 1806)
John C. Deming, District Deputy Grand Master; 9 Lodges
- Friendship (Williamstown, 1785)
- Franklin (Cheshire, 1794)
- Cincinnatus (Great Barrington, 1795)
- Evening Star (Lenox, 1795)
- Sincerity (Partridgefield, 1801)
- Wisdom (West Stockbridge, 1803)
- Sheffield (Sheffield, 1803)
- Rising Sun (Sandisfield, 1808)
- Mystic (Pittsfield, 1810)
James Russell, District Deputy Grand Master; 9 Lodges
- King Solomon's (Charlestown, 1783)
- Hiram (Lexington, 1797)
- Meridian (Watertown, 1797)
- Mount Moriah (Reading, 1798)
- Amicable (Cambridge, 1805)
- Good Samaritan (Reading, 1816)
- Mount Hermon (Malden, 1817)
- Bethesda (Brighton, 1819)
- Monitor (Waltham, 1820)
Oliver B. Morris, District Deputy Grand Master; 8 Lodges
- Federal (Blandford, 1792)
- Thomas (Monson, 1796)
- Jerusalem (Northampton, 1797)
- Mount Vernon (Belchertown, 1807)
- Friendly Society (Southwick, 1807)
- Mount Pleasant (Granville, 1808)
- Humanity (Holland, 1811)
- Hampden (Springfield, 1817)
Sylvester Baker, District Deputy Grand Master; 4 Lodges
- King Hiram's (Provincetown, 1795)
- Marine (Falmouth, 1798)
- Sumner (Dennis, 1801)
- Fraternal (Barnstable, 1801)
Elisha Starbuck, District Deputy Grand Master; 3 Lodges
OUTSIDE OF MASSACHUSETTS
No District Deputy Grand Master; 2 Lodges