BENJAMIN RUSSELL, Grand Master
- 1 NOTES
- 2 QUARTERLY COMMUNICATIONS
- 3 PETITIONS FOR CHARTERS
- 4 SPECIAL COMMUNICATIONS
- 5 LIST OF LODGES IN MASSACHUSETTS BY DISTRICT: 1815
- 5.1 DISTRICT 1 (Boston and vicinity)
- 5.2 DISTRICT 2 (Newburyport and North Shore)
- 5.3 DISTRICT 3 (South Shore and Cape Cod)
- 5.4 DISTRICT 4 (Southeast)
- 5.5 DISTRICT 5 (Framingham, west and north)
- 5.6 DISTRICT 6 (Central Mass., Worcester)
- 5.7 DISTRICT 7 (North Central Massachusetts)
- 5.8 DISTRICT 8 (Berkshires)
- 5.9 DISTRICT 9 (Southern Maine)
- 5.10 DISTRICT 10 (Central Maine)
- 5.11 DISTRICT 11 (Eastern Maine)
- 5.12 DISTRICT 12 (Islands)
- 5.13 OUTSIDE OF MASSACHUSETTS
- 03/13 (Masons Hall, Boston): II-618;
- II-619: Report of the Committee on Charity.
- II-619: Committee on removal of Morning Star Lodge to Leicester; "there is no just or good reason" for the removal; denied.
- II-620: Petition on the removal of Harmony Lodge to Warwick to be reconsidered.
- II-620: Consideration of a Library, beginning with the Masonic collection of Rev. Thaddeus Harris.
- II-621: Committee on regulation of fees: voted that to fees are to be paid (as opposed to "notes of hand" - IOUs) when degrees are commenced. This is to be reviewed and possibly made a Regulation.
- 12/11; III-13: Committee report: a circular to be sent to all lodges.
- II-622: Petition by St. John's Lodge, Newburyport, for remission of dues; some to be remitted.
- II-623: Petition for Wisdom Lodge to be removed to Stockbridge; granted.
- II-623: Committees on Rising States Lodge discharged.
- II-624: Report of the committee on the Board of Commissioners of the Poor Prisoners' Fund.
- II-634: Committee on the requirement of attendance of masters and wardens when summoned was discharged; a new committee was appointed. *** 09/11, II-634: the principle was rejected, maintaining the right to appear by proxy.
- 12/27, III-32: A committee was appointed to consider this subject again, however.
- 06/12 (Masons Hall, Boston): II-626;
- 09/11 (Masons Hall, Boston): II-631;
- II-631ff: Report on Prisoners' Fund. A circular to be forwarded to the Lodges, "informing them that the return of peace has superseded the necessity of making any appropriation for the Prisoners' Fund."
- II-635: Petition by Olive Branch Lodge to remove to Sutton; granted.
- II-635: Petition by Charity Lodge to remove to Milford; granted.
- II-635: Petition by Mystic Lodge to meet at either http://masonicgenealogy.com/MediaWiki/index.php?title=MAPittsfield Pittsfield] or Lanesboro; referred.
- 12/11; III-17: rejected.
- 12/11 (Masons Hall, Boston): III-1; Annual Communication.
- III-3: Rev. Harris to present a memorial to the widow of Samuel Dunn, P.G.M.
- III-5: Report of Committee of Finance.
- III-10: Report of Committee on Removal of Lodges. Permission of District Deputy Grand Master must be obtained, as well as consent of the nearest lodge.
- III-10: Re-election of Grand Master Russell. Elecion of other Grand Lodge officers.
- III-15: Report on the bequest of a dying Prisoner of War, Bro. Richard Holston.
- III-17ff. Report of the Committee on Charity.
- III-20: Inventory of Grand Lodge regalia.
- 12/27 (Masons Hall, Boston): III-22.
- III-23: Appointment of Grand Lodge officers; installation.
- III-26: Report of committee on the prevention of initation of rejected candidates.
- III-27ff: Committee to consider appointment of a Deputy Grand Secretary.
PETITIONS FOR CHARTERS
- 06/12; II-628: Petition for Corinthian Lodge, Parsonsfield, referred. (Never approved.)
- 09/11: II-635: Petition for Perseverance Lodge, Orange, rejected.
- 12/11; III-4: to be reconsidered.
- 12/27; III-25: despite "laudable Zeal", petition rejected.
- 04/08 (Masons Hall, Boston): II-625;
- II-625: Funeral of Past Grand Master John Warren. Grand Lodge proceeded to the Stone Chapel; a "suitable Brother" would be chosen to deliver a eulogy. A report on this event was given on Page II-628 (06/12).
LIST OF LODGES IN MASSACHUSETTS BY DISTRICT: 1815
DISTRICT 1 (Boston and vicinity)
Asa Peabody, District Deputy Grand Master; 14 Lodges
- St. John's (Boston, 1733)
- Lodge of St. Andrew, (Boston, 1752)
- The Massachusetts (Boston, 1770)
- King Solomon's (Charlestown, 1783)
- Columbian (Boston, 1796)
- Washington (Roxbury, 1796)
- Union (Dorchester, 1796)
- Hiram (Lexington, 1797)
- Meridian (Watertown, 1797)
- Mount Moriah (Reading, 1798)
- Mount Lebanon (Boston, 1801)
- Rural (Quincy, 1801)
- Constellation (Dedham, 1801)
- Amicable (Cambridge, 1805)
DISTRICT 2 (Newburyport and North Shore)
R. H. French, Josiah Greenleaf, District Deputy Grand Master; 11 Lodges
- Philanthropic (Marblehead, 1760)
- St. John's (Newburyport, 1766)
- The Tyrian (Gloucester, 1770)
- St. Peter's (Newburyport, 1773)
- Unity (Ipswich, 1779)
- Essex (Salem, 1792)
- Merrimack (Haverhill, 1802)
- St. Mark's (Newburyport, 1803)
- Mount Carmel (Lynn, 1805)
- Pentucket (Chelmsford, 1807)
- Jordan (Danvers, 1808)
DISTRICT 3 (South Shore and Cape Cod)
Jotham Waterman, District Deputy Grand Master; 8 Lodges
- Old Colony (Hanover, 1792)
- King Hiram's (Provincetown, 1795)
- Fellowship (Bridgewater, 1797)
- Adams (Wellfleet, 1797)
- Fore Fathers' Rock (Plymouth, 1801)
- Sumner (Dennis, 1801)
- Fraternal (Barnstable, 1801)
- Corner Stone (Duxbury, 1801)
DISTRICT 4 (Southeast)
Abner Morse, District Deputy Grand Master; 6 Lodges
- Bristol (Norton, 1797)
- Montgomery (Franklin, 1797)
- Eastern Star (Rehoboth, 1798)
- King David (Taunton, 1798)
- Rising Star (Canton, 1799)
- Washington Remembered (Roxbury, 1803)
DISTRICT 5 (Framingham, west and north)
Caleb Butler, District Deputy Grand Master; 7 Lodges
- Trinity (Lancaster, 1776)
- Middlesex (Framingham, 1795)
- St. Paul's (Groton, 1797)
- Corinthian (Concord, 1797)
- Social (Ashby, 1798)
- Aurora (Leominster, 1801)
- Fredonia (Northboro, 1810)
DISTRICT 6 (Central Mass., Worcester)
Ezekiel L. Bascomb, District Deputy Grand Master; 10 Lodges
- Morning Star (Worcester, 1793)
- Fayette (Charlton, 1796)
- Thomas (Monson, 1796)
- Olive Branch (Oxford, 1797)
- Meridian Sun (Brookfield, 1797)
- Mount Zion (Hardwick, 1800)
- Harris (Gerry, 1802)
- Charity (Mendon, 1803)
- Humanity (Holland, 1811)
- Thompson (Rutland, 1812)
- Golden Rule (New Salem, 1815)
DISTRICT 7 (North Central Massachusetts)
Elijah Alvord, District Deputy Grand Master; 11 Lodges
- Federal (Blandford, 1792)
- Republican (Greenfield, 1794)
- Harmony (Northfield, 1796)
- Jerusalem (South Hadley, 1797)
- Pacific (Leverett, 1801)
- Mountain (Rowe, 1806)
- Mount Vernon (Belchertown, 1807)
- Friendly Society (Southwick, 1807)
- Mount Pleasant (Granville, 1808)
- Rising Sun (Sandisfield, 1808)
- Mystic (Lanesboro, 1810)
DISTRICT 8 (Berkshires)
John Whiting, District Deputy Grand Master; 8 Lodges
- Friendship (Williamstown, 1785)
- Franklin (Cheshire, 1794)
- Evening Star (Lenox, 1795)
- Cincinnatus (New Marlborough, 1795)
- Sincerity (Partridgefield, 1801)
- Wisdom (West Stockbridge, 1803)
- Sheffield (Sheffield, 1803)
- Orion (Cummington, 1815)
DISTRICT 9 (Southern Maine)
Oliver Bray, District Deputy Grand Master; 14 Lodges
- Portland (Portland (Me.), 1762)
- Lincoln (Wiscasset (Me.), 1792)
- Kennebec (Hallowell (Me.), 1796)
- United (Topsham (Me.), 1801)
- Saco (Pepperellboro (Me.), 1802)
- Pythagorean (Fryeburg (Me.), 1803)
- Cumberland (New Gloucester (Me.), 1803)
- Oriental (Bridgetown (Me.), 1805)
- Solar (Bath (Me.), 1804)
- Ancient Landmark (Portland (Me.), 1806)
- Oxford (Paris (Me.), 1807)
- Maine (Farmington (Me.), 1808)
- Oriental Star (Livermore (Me.), 1811)
- York (Wells, 1813)
- Freeport (Freeport, 1814)
DISTRICT 10 (Central Maine)
Samuel Thatcher, District Deputy Grand Master; 6 Lodges
- Hancock (Castine (Me.), 1794)
- Amity (Camden (Me.), 1801)
- Rising Virtue (Bangor (Me.), 1802)
- Orient (Thomaston (Me.), 1806)
- St. George (Warren (Me.) 1806)
- Felicity (Buckston, 1809)
DISTRICT 11 (Eastern Maine)
Oliver Snead, District Deputy Grand Master; 4 Lodges
- Warren (Machias (Me.), 1778)
- Tuscan (Columbia (Me.), 1797)
- Eastern (Eastport (Me.), 1801)
- Ionic (Steuben (Me.), 1806)
DISTRICT 12 (Islands)
John Brock, District Deputy Grand Master; 2 Lodges
OUTSIDE OF MASSACHUSETTS
No District Deputy Grand Master; 2 Lodges