ISAIAH THOMAS, Grand Master
- 1 NOTES
- 2 QUARTERLY COMMUNICATIONS
- 3 PETITIONS FOR CHARTERS
- 4 SPECIAL COMMUNICATIONS
- 5 LIST OF LODGES IN MASSACHUSETTS BY DISTRICT: 1805
- 5.1 DISTRICT 1 (Boston and vicinity)
- 5.2 DISTRICT 2 (Newburyport and North Shore)
- 5.3 DISTRICT 3 (South Shore and Cape Cod)
- 5.4 DISTRICT 4 (Southeast)
- 5.5 DISTRICT 5 (Framingham, west and north)
- 5.6 DISTRICT 6 (Central Mass., Worcester)
- 5.7 DISTRICT 7 (North Central Massachusetts)
- 5.8 DISTRICT 8 (Berkshires)
- 5.9 DISTRICT 9 (Southern Maine)
- 5.10 DISTRICT 10 (Central Maine)
- 5.11 DISTRICT 11 (Eastern Maine)
- 5.12 DISTRICT 12 (Islands)
- 5.13 OUTSIDE OF MASSACHUSETTS
- 03/11 (Vila's Hotel, Boston): II-274;
- II-274: Report by Committee on compensation for Grand Secretaries.
- II-275: Committee to approach legislature on incorporation reported that their petition had been unsuccessful.
- II-275: Rt. Wor. Woodbury Storer suggested a uniform mode or working among all lodges.
- II-275: A design was appoved to create a device for the jewel for District Deputy Grand Masters.
- 06/10 (Vila's Hotel, Boston): II-276;
- 09/10 (Vila's Hotel, Boston): II-280;
- II-280: Grand Treasurer and Grand Secretary accounts to be reviewed.
- II-280: Grand Secretary to contact lodges, reminding them of the requirement to renew or appoint proxies annually.
- II-281: Appointment of Grand Lecturer approved. A committee to be appointed to inspect the Lecturer's work and report.
- II-282: Correspondence from England, other parts of Europe, Nova Scotia, and several lodges in the United States; returns from American Union Lodge.
- II-282ff: Address by Grand Master Thomas on uniform mode of work. A copy of the Grand Master's commission, and instructions to the lecturer, appears on pages II-287ff.
- 12/09 (Concert Hall, Boston): II-316;
- II-317: Grand Treasurer and Grand Secretary accounts to reviewed.
- II-318: A committee of accounts to be appointed annually.
- II-318: Petition for restoration of charter to Kennebec Lodge; referred.
- II-318: District Deputy Grand Masters called upon to exhibit accounts.
- II-319: Petition to make District Deputy Grand Masters members of Grand Lodge; referred.
- II-319: Timothy Bigelow elected Grand Master.
PETITIONS FOR CHARTERS
- 06/10: II-276; Petition for Amicable Lodge, Cambridge, granted. Note that no student at the University would be admitted without permission of the Grand Master.
- 06/10: II-277; Petition for Orient Lodge, Thomaston (Me.), opposed by the DDGM in the area, and the matter would be investigated.
- 09/10: II-281; Investigation indicated that opposition is not continued; petition granted.
- 01/15 (Boston): II-272;
- 01/28 (Fryeburg): II-264;
- 03/04 (Provincetown): II-321;
- 07/07 (Falmouth): II-278;
- 09/03 (New Bedford): II-279;
- 09/06 - 09/07 (Bath): II-305;
- 09/24 (New Gloucester): II-303;
- 09/28 (Topsham): II-314;
- 10/10 (Plymouth): II-293;
- 10/28 (Vila's Hotel, Boston): II-295;
- 10/31 (Trinity Church and procession through Boston): II-298;
- II-295ff: Funeral observance for John Cutler, Past Grand Master.
LIST OF LODGES IN MASSACHUSETTS BY DISTRICT: 1805
DISTRICT 1 (Boston and vicinity)
John Boyle, District Deputy Grand Master; 14 Lodges
- St. John's (Boston, 1733)
- Rising States, (Boston, 1752)
- The Massachusetts (Boston, 1770)
- King Solomon's (Charlestown, 1783)
- Columbian (Boston, 1796)
- Washington (Roxbury, 1796)
- Union (Dorchester, 1796)
- Hiram (Lexington, 1797)
- Meridian (Watertown, 1797)
- Mount Moriah (Reading, 1798)
- Mount Lebanon (Boston, 1801)
- Rural (Quincy, 1801)
- Constellation (Dedham, 1801)
- Amicable (Cambridge, 1805)
DISTRICT 2 (Newburyport and North Shore)
Jonathan Gage, District Deputy Grand Master; 9 Lodges
- Philanthropic (Marblehead, 1760)
- St. John's (Newburyport, 1766)
- The Tyrian (Gloucester, 1770)
- St. Peter's (Newburyport, 1773)
- Unity (Ipswich, 1779)
- Essex (Salem, 1792)
- Merrimack (Haverhill, 1802)
- St. Mark's, (Newburyport, 1803)
- Mount Carmel, (Lynn, 1805)
DISTRICT 3 (South Shore and Cape Cod)
John D. Dunbar, District Deputy Grand Master; 8 Lodges
- Old Colony (Hanover, 1792)
- King Hiram's (Provincetown, 1795)
- Adams (Wellfleet, 1797)
- Marine (Falmouth, 1798)
- Fore Fathers' Rock (Plymouth, 1801)
- Sumner (Dennis, 1801)
- Fraternal (Barnstable, 1801)
- Corner Stone (Duxbury, 1801)
DISTRICT 4 (Southeast)
Seth Padelford, District Deputy Grand Master; 7 Lodges
- Bristol (Norton, 1797)
- Fellowship (Bridgewater, 1797)
- Montgomery (Franklin, 1797)
- Eastern Star (Rehoboth, 1798)
- King David (Taunton, 1798)
- Rising Star (Stoughton, 1799)
- Washington Remembered (Roxbury, 1803)
DISTRICT 5 (Framingham, west and north)
Timothy Whiting, District Deputy Grand Master; 6 Lodges
- Trinity (Lancaster, 1776)
- Middlesex (Framingham, 1795)
- St. Paul's (Groton, 1797)
- Corinthian (Concord, 1797)
- Social (Ashby, 1798)
- Aurora (Leominster, 1801)
DISTRICT 6 (Central Mass., Worcester)
Ebenezer Phillips, District Deputy Grand Master; 8 Lodges
- Morning Star (Worcester, 1793)
- Fayette (Charlton, 1796)
- Thomas (Monson, 1796)
- Olive Branch (Oxford, 1797)
- Meridian Sun (Brookfield, 1797)
- Mount Zion (Hardwick, 1800)
- Harris (Athol, 1802)
- Charity (Mendon, 1803)
DISTRICT 7 (North Central Massachusetts)
Solomon Vose, District Deputy Grand Master; 5 Lodges
- Federal (Blandford, 1792)
- Republican (Greenfield, 1794)
- Harmony (Northfield, 1796)
- Jerusalem (South Hadley, 1797)
- Pacific (Sunderland, 1801)
DISTRICT 8 (Berkshires)
Caleb Hyde, District Deputy Grand Master; 7 Lodges
- Friendship (Williamstown, 1785)
- Franklin (Cheshire, 1794)
- Evening Star (Lenox, 1795)
- Cincinnatus (Great Barrington, 1795)
- Sincerity (Partridgefield, 1801)
- Wisdom (West Stockbridge, 1803)
- Sheffield (Sheffield, 1803)
DISTRICT 9 (Southern Maine)
Woodbury Storer, District Deputy Grand Master; 9 Lodges
- Portland (Portland (Me.), 1762)
- Lincoln (Wiscasset (Me.), 1792)
- Kennebec (Hallowell (Me.), 1796)
- United (Topsham (Me.), 1801)
- Saco (Pepperellboro (Me.), 1802)
- Pythagorean (Fryeburg (Me.), 1803)
- Cumberland (New Gloucester (Me.), 1803)
- Oriental (Bridgetown (Me.), 1804)
- Solar (Bath (Me.), 1804)
DISTRICT 10 (Central Maine)
George Ulmer, District Deputy Grand Master; 3 Lodges
DISTRICT 11 (Eastern Maine)
John Cooper, District Deputy Grand Master; 3 Lodges
DISTRICT 12 (Islands)
William Coffin, District Deputy Grand Master; 2 Lodges
OUTSIDE OF MASSACHUSETTS
No District Deputy Grand Master; 2 Lodges