Chartered By: Josiah Bartlett
Charter Date: 03/12/1810 II-434
Precedence Date: 03/12/1810
Current Status: unknown; last appeared at Grand Lodge 1833; ø Charter surrendered 06/11/1834; historical note page 1934-201.
REFERENCES IN GRAND LODGE PROCEEDINGS
- Petition for Charter: 1810
NOTES IN 75TH ANNIVERSARY OF UNITED BRETHREN LODGE, DECEMBER 1934
From Proceedings, Page 1934-169:
Marlborough, in its early days, was a town of large area, including the towns of Sudbury, Framingham, Southboro, Westboro, Hopkinton, Grafton, Shrewsbury, Northboro, Bolton, and Stow. In each of the towns mentioned there is, or has been, a Masonic Lodge. The first Lodge organized in what was once a part of Marlborough was Fredonia Lodge in Northboro. On March 12, 1810, a petition was presented to the Grand Lodge, from a number of Master Masons residing in the town of Northboro, for a Charter to hold a Lodge in that town, to be called Fredonia Lodge, which was read, being constitutionally recommended and sanctioned by R.W. Timothy Whiting, D.D.G.M. On January 1, 1811, a meeting of the Grand Lodge was held at Northboro for the purpose of consecrating Fredonia Lodge and installing its officers. Our ancient Brethren were commended to the consideration of Masons of the present day. It may be noticed that the members of this special Grand Lodge came a long distance to attend the consecration of Fredonia Lodge, and when we consider the season of the year, mid-winter, and that the only mode of conveyance was by stage coach, we must admire their conception of Masonic duty, as well as their fraternal goodwill manifested towards this Lodge.
- 1861 (Recognition of Past Master; VI-384)