Deputy Grand Royal Arch Chapter (under the authority of the Grand Royal Arch Chapter of the Northern States of America)
Meeting held at the Green Dragon Tavern (Mason's Hall), 03/13/1798 (ChI-5):
Benjamin Hurd, Jr. was elected president of the convocation and James Harrison, scribe for the meeting. The meeting elected the following officers for the Deputy Grand Royal Arch Chapter:
- Benjamin Hurd, Jr., Deputy Grand High Priest
- Dudley Atkins Tyng, Deputy Grand King
- James Harrison, Deputy Grand Scribe
- William Woart, Deputy Grand Secretary
- Thaddeus Mason Harris, Deputy Grand Chaplain
- Jonathan Gage, Deputy Grand Treasurer
- Joshua Greenleaf, Deputy Grand Marshal
- Gilman White, Sr., Deputy Grand Steward
- Thomas Woodbridge Hooper, Jr., Deputy Grand Steward
- John Martin, Deputy Grand Inside Sentinel
- Robert Newman, Deputy Grand Outside Tyler
Companions Hurd and Gage were appointed a committee to wait upon Rev. Companion Harris to inform him of his appointment; Companion Gage was appointed to inform Companion Tyng of his appointment; and Companion Woart to inform the final two officers of their appointments.
Meeting held at the Green Dragon Tavern (Mason's Hall), 03/14/1798 (ChI-7):
Companion Gage, "the oldest High Priest present", installed M. E. Hurd as Deputy Grand High Priest; he then proceeded to install the remaining officers "agreeably to ancient usage and custom."
A committee was formed to form and report a Code of Laws and Regulations.
The meeting was then adjourned until June 1798.
SPECIAL MEETING 06/12/1798
Held at Mason's Hall, Boston (ChI-8):
The Grand Chapter met and was adjourned to 07/20/1798 at Newburyport.
SPECIAL MEETING 07/12/1798-07/13/1798
Held at Union Hall, Newburyport (ChI-9):
The Grand Chapter adopted a set of Constitutions and a set of Rules of Order. These appear on pages ChI-9 through ChI-14. Rules of Order appear on Page ChI-15.
The Grand Chapter adopted a form of Warrant (which appears on page ChI-15), and appointed a committee to procure a seal.
SPECIAL MEETING 10/21/1798
Held at Mason's Hall, Boston (ChI-17):
The Grand Chapter met and adjourned.
LIST OF CHAPTERS IN MASSACHUSETTS: 1798
|No.||Location||Lodge||Precedence Date||Chartering Body|
|1||Boston||St. John's (Boston)||08/28/1769||Scotland|