BENJAMIN RUSSELL, Grand Master
- 1 NOTES
- 2 QUARTERLY COMMUNICATIONS
- 3 PETITIONS FOR CHARTERS
- 4 SPECIAL COMMUNICATIONS
- 5 LIST OF LODGES IN MASSACHUSETTS BY DISTRICT: 1814
- 5.1 DISTRICT 1 (Boston and vicinity)
- 5.2 DISTRICT 2 (Newburyport and North Shore)
- 5.3 DISTRICT 3 (South Shore and Cape Cod)
- 5.4 DISTRICT 4 (Southeast)
- 5.5 DISTRICT 5 (Framingham, west and north)
- 5.6 DISTRICT 6 (Central Mass., Worcester)
- 5.7 DISTRICT 7 (North Central Massachusetts)
- 5.8 DISTRICT 8 (Berkshires)
- 5.9 DISTRICT 9 (Southern Maine)
- 5.10 DISTRICT 10 (Central Maine)
- 5.11 DISTRICT 11 (Eastern Maine)
- 5.12 DISTRICT 12 (Islands)
- 5.13 OUTSIDE OF MASSACHUSETTS
- 03/14 (Masons Hall, Boston): II-583;
- II-584: Harris Lodge's petition to remove to Templeton is made unconditional.
- II-584: Petition of Franklin Lodge to remove to Adams (as a "moon lodge"), granted.
- II-584: Petition of Harmony Lodge to remove to Warwick, granted.
- II-585: Correspondence on issues with Oriental Star and Ancient Landmark Lodges regarding an initiate.
- II-585: Report of committee on transcription of Grand Lodge records.
- II-585: Committee to consider the removal of Morning Star Lodge from Worcester to Leicester.
- II-586: Report of Committee of Finance.
- II-587: Summons to be issued to Solar Lodge.
- 06/14: II-590; proceedings on this matter resolved, including an apology from Solar Lodge.
- II-587: Committee empowered to find a suitable location for the Grand Lodge to meet.
- 06/14 (Masons Hall, Boston): II-590;
- II-592: Report of committee on obtaining a meeting place for Grand Lodge; they have obtained favorable conditions from lessees of Masons Hall.
- II-592: Apron design recommended as a "judicious selection of the emblems of the Order, arranged with taste and propriety."
- II-593: Petition by Rising Star Lodge to remove to Sharon, granted.
- II-593: Petition by Harmony Lodge to remove to Warwick; referred.
- 09/12: II-598; granted.
- II-593: Petition by United Lodge to remove to Brunswick (Me.); granted.
- II-594: Following the resignation of its officers, the Grand Master appointed officers of York Lodge.
- II-594: Correspondence regarding finances in Ninth Masonic District.
- 09/12: II-596; continued;
- 12/12: II-601ff, resolved.
- II-595: Communications from various Grand Lodges.
- 09/12 (Masons Hall, Boston): II-596;
- 12/12 (Masons Hall, Boston): II-600; Annual Communication.
- II-602: Report of Committee on Finance.
- II-604: Petition by Wisdom Lodge to remove to Stockbridge (from West Stockbridge), denied.
- II-604: Petition regarding insolvency of Harmony Lodge, from District Deputy Grand Master of the 7th Masonic District; granted.
- II-604: Petition by Essex Lodge, regarding charity toward prisoners of war quartered in Salem.
- II-605: Committee on "the propriety of adopting measures to prevent the acceptance and initiation of candidates who have been rejected in Lodges."
- II-605: Committee on prohibition of Lodges from "taking notes from, or granting credit to, initiates" for fees.
- II-605: Re-election of Grand Master Russell; election of other Grand Lodge officers.
- II-606: Memorial on "the subject of forming District Deputy Grand Lodges in some cases."
- II-606: Communication from R.W. Thaddeus M. Harris on a Masonic Library.
- II-606: Committee on irregularities in Harmony Lodge.
- II-607: Committee on irregularities in Fayette Lodge.
- 12/27 (Masons Hall, Boston): II-608;
- II-608: Appointments and installation of Grand Lodge officers.
- II-609: Committee on Charity appointed.
- II-610: Report of Committee of Finance.
- II-610: Petition by The Tyrian Lodge for charity funds for prisoners of war denied; instead, Grand Lodge requested a list of "claims and petitions of such indigent individuals" as might require charity. The committee on the petition for Essex Lodge recommended that a sum be appropriated and placed with a Board of Commissioners. A Circular to the constituent lodges is reproduced starting on page II-612.
- II-614: Inventory of Grand Lodge regalia.
PETITIONS FOR CHARTERS
- 08/25 (Kennebunk, Me.): II-616;
LIST OF LODGES IN MASSACHUSETTS BY DISTRICT: 1814
DISTRICT 1 (Boston and vicinity)
Asa Peabody, District Deputy Grand Master; 14 Lodges
- St. John's (Boston, 1733)
- Lodge of St. Andrew, (Boston, 1752)
- The Massachusetts (Boston, 1770)
- King Solomon's (Charlestown, 1783)
- Columbian (Boston, 1796)
- Washington (Roxbury, 1796)
- Union (Dorchester, 1796)
- Hiram (Lexington, 1797)
- Meridian (Watertown, 1797)
- Mount Moriah (Reading, 1798)
- Mount Lebanon (Boston, 1801)
- Rural (Quincy, 1801)
- Constellation (Dedham, 1801)
- Amicable (Cambridge, 1805)
DISTRICT 2 (Newburyport and North Shore)
R. H. French, Josiah Greenleaf, District Deputy Grand Master; 10 Lodges
- St. John's (Newburyport, 1766)
- The Tyrian (Gloucester, 1770)
- St. Peter's (Newburyport, 1773)
- Unity (Ipswich, 1779)
- Essex (Salem, 1792)
- Merrimack (Haverhill, 1802)
- St. Mark's (Newburyport, 1803)
- Mount Carmel (Lynn, 1805)
- Pentucket (Chelmsford, 1807)
- Jordan (Danvers, 1808)
DISTRICT 3 (South Shore and Cape Cod)
Jotham Waterman, District Deputy Grand Master; 8 Lodges
- Old Colony (Hanover, 1792)
- King Hiram's (Provincetown, 1795)
- Fellowship (Bridgewater, 1797)
- Adams (Wellfleet, 1797)
- Fore Fathers' Rock (Plymouth, 1801)
- Sumner (Dennis, 1801)
- Fraternal (Barnstable, 1801)
- Corner Stone (Duxbury, 1801)
DISTRICT 4 (Southeast)
Abner Morse, District Deputy Grand Master; 6 Lodges
- Bristol (Attleboro, 1797)
- Montgomery (Franklin, 1797)
- Eastern Star (Rehoboth, 1798)
- King David (Taunton, 1798)
- Rising Star (Canton, 1799)
- Washington Remembered (Roxbury, 1803)
DISTRICT 5 (Framingham, west and north)
Caleb Butler, District Deputy Grand Master; 7 Lodges
- Trinity (Lancaster, 1776)
- Middlesex (Framingham, 1795)
- St. Paul's (Groton, 1797)
- Corinthian (Concord, 1797)
- Social (Ashby, 1798)
- Aurora (Leominster, 1801)
- Fredonia (Northboro, 1810)
DISTRICT 6 (Central Mass., Worcester)
Ezekiel L. Bascomb, District Deputy Grand Master; 10 Lodges
- Morning Star (Worcester, 1793)
- Fayette (Charlton, 1796)
- Thomas (Monson, 1796)
- Olive Branch (Oxford, 1797)
- Meridian Sun (Brookfield, 1797)
- Mount Zion (Hardwick, 1800)
- Harris (Gerry, 1802)
- Charity (Mendon, 1803)
- Humanity (Holland, 1811)
- Thompson (Rutland, 1812)
DISTRICT 7 (North Central Massachusetts)
Elijah Alvord, District Deputy Grand Master; 11 Lodges
- Federal (Blandford, 1792)
- Republican (Greenfield, 1794)
- Harmony (Northfield, 1796)
- Jerusalem (South Hadley, 1797)
- Pacific (Leverett, 1801)
- Mountain (Rowe, 1806)
- Mount Vernon (Belchertown, 1807)
- Friendly Society (Southwick, 1807)
- Mount Pleasant (Granville, 1808)
- Rising Sun (Sandisfield, 1808)
- Mystic (Lanesboro, 1810)
DISTRICT 8 (Berkshires)
John Whiting, District Deputy Grand Master; 7 Lodges
- Friendship (Williamstown, 1785)
- Franklin (Cheshire, 1794)
- Evening Star (Lenox, 1795)
- Cincinnatus (New Marlborough, 1795)
- Sincerity (Partridgefield, 1801)
- Wisdom (West Stockbridge, 1803)
- Sheffield (Sheffield, 1803)
DISTRICT 9 (Southern Maine)
Oliver Bray, District Deputy Grand Master; 14 Lodges
- Portland (Portland (Me.), 1762)
- Lincoln (Wiscasset (Me.), 1792)
- Kennebec (Hallowell (Me.), 1796)
- United (Topsham (Me.), 1801)
- Saco (Pepperellboro (Me.), 1802)
- Pythagorean (Fryeburg (Me.), 1803)
- Cumberland (New Gloucester (Me.), 1803)
- Oriental (Bridgetown (Me.), 1805)
- Solar (Bath (Me.), 1804)
- Ancient Landmark (Portland (Me.), 1806)
- Oxford (Paris (Me.), 1807)
- Maine (Farmington (Me.), 1808)
- Oriental Star (Livermore (Me.), 1811)
- York (Wells (Me.), 1813)
- Freeport (Freeport (Me.), 1814)
DISTRICT 10 (Central Maine)
Samuel Thatcher, District Deputy Grand Master; 6 Lodges
- Hancock (Castine (Me.), 1794)
- Amity (Camden (Me.), 1801)
- Rising Virtue (Bangor (Me.), 1802)
- Orient (Thomaston (Me.), 1806)
- St. George (Warren (Me.) 1806)
- Felicity (Buckston (Me.), 1809)
DISTRICT 11 (Eastern Maine)
Jonathan D. Weston, District Deputy Grand Master; 4 Lodges
- Warren (Machias (Me.), 1778)
- Tuscan (Columbia (Me.), 1797)
- Eastern (Eastport (Me.), 1801)
- Ionic (Steuben (Me.), 1806)
DISTRICT 12 (Islands)
Peter Hussey, District Deputy Grand Master; 2 Lodges
OUTSIDE OF MASSACHUSETTS
No District Deputy Grand Master; 2 Lodges