ISAIAH THOMAS, Grand Master
Simon Eliot, Deputy Grand Master
Isaac Hurd, Senior Grand Warden
Timothy Bigelow, Junior Grand Warden
- 1 NOTES
- 2 QUARTERLY COMMUNICATIONS
- 3 PETITIONS FOR CHARTERS
- 4 SPECIAL COMMUNICATIONS
- 5 LIST OF LODGES IN MASSACHUSETTS BY DISTRICT: 1803
- 5.1 DISTRICT 1 (Boston and vicinity)
- 5.2 DISTRICT 2 (Newburyport and North Shore)
- 5.3 DISTRICT 3 (South Shore and Cape Cod)
- 5.4 DISTRICT 4 (Southeast)
- 5.5 DISTRICT 5 (Framingham, west and north)
- 5.6 DISTRICT 6 (Central Mass., Worcester)
- 5.7 DISTRICT 7 (North Central Massachusetts)
- 5.8 DISTRICT 8 (Berkshires)
- 5.9 DISTRICT 9 (Southern Maine)
- 5.10 DISTRICT 10 (Central Maine)
- 5.11 DISTRICT 11 (Eastern Maine)
- 5.12 DISTRICT 12 (Islands)
- 5.13 OUTSIDE OF MASSACHUSETTS
- 03/14 (Concert Hall, Boston): II-210;
- II-210: Report from Rising States Lodge, regarding improper conduct by certain members. Endorsed by the Grand Lodge.
- II-214: "Lengthy communication" from the Grand Lodge of South Carolina.
- 06/13 (Concert Hall, Boston): II-219;
- II-219: Committee on communication from King Solomon's Lodge to report at next Quarterly.
- II-220: Hancock Lodge given leave to remove from Penobscot to Castine.
- II-220: Grand Secretary directed to remind lodges of the need for proxy certificates to have seals.
- 09/12 (Concert Hall, Boston): II-221;
- II-222: Correspondence from Grand Lodge of England.
- II-222: Correspondence from Grand Lodges of Tennessee and North Carolina.
- 12/12 (Concert Hall, Boston): II-229;
- II-229: Remonstrance by brothers regarding application to another lodge, and their expulsion.
- II-230: Report on Grand Secretary and Grand Treasurer accounts.
- II-230: Committee on compensation for Grand Treasurer and Grand Secretary.
- II-231: Committee on "numbers and grades of lodges."
- II-231: Petition by Unity Lodge, Ipswich, requesting a remission of dues because of their "deranged situation."
- II-231: Rural Lodge permitted to remove to Quincy.
- II-232: Re-election of Grand Master Isaiah Thomas and other Grand Lodge officers.
- II-233: Committee to prepare "a suitable platform" as well as jewels for District Deputy Grand Masters.
- II-233: Committee to consider means to erect a hall for the use of the Grand Lodge.
PETITIONS FOR CHARTERS
- 03/14: II-214; Petition for St. John's, Newburyport to assemble again as a lodge; granted, charter endorsed.
- 03/14: II-214; Petition for Charity Lodge, Mendon; laid over;
- 06/13: II-219, granted.
- 03/14: II-214; Petition for Washington Remembered Lodge, NewBedford; laid over;
- 09/12: II-221, granted.
- 06/13: II-219; Petition for Wisdom Lodge, West Stockbridge; granted.
- 06/13: II-219; Petition for Pythagorean Lodge, Fryeburg (Me.); granted.
- 06/13: II-219; Petition for Cumberland Lodge, New Gloucester (Me.); granted.
- 09/12: II-221; Petition for lodge in Quincy, withdrawn.
- 09/12: II-221; Petition for St. Mark's Lodge, Newburyport; granted.
- 09/12: II-221; Petition by American Union Lodge, Marietta, Ohio, for a renewal of their charter; granted.
- 04/25 (Concert Hall, Boston): II-51;
- II-215: Visit to Rising States Lodge, Boston.
- 09/06 (West Stockbridge) II-236;
- II-236: Constitution of Wisdom Lodge, West Stockbridge; installation of officers.
- 10/13 (Athol) II-228;
- 10/19 (Dedham) II-224;
- II-224: Visit to Constellation Lodge, Dedham; insallation of officers.
- 11/15 (Concert Hall, Boston): II-226;
- II-226: Visit to The Massachusetts Lodge, Boston; address by Charles P. Sumner.
- 11/15 (Barnstable): II-227;
- II-227: Deputy Grand Lodge by R.W. John Dunbar, DDGM of the 3rd District, to constitute and install Fraternal Lodge, Barnstable.
LIST OF LODGES IN MASSACHUSETTS BY DISTRICT: 1803
DISTRICT 1 (Boston and vicinity)
John Boyle, District Deputy Grand Master; 13 Lodges
- St. John's (Boston, 1733)
- Rising States, (Boston, 1752)
- The Massachusetts (Boston, 1770)
- King Solomon's (Charlestown, 1783)
- Columbian (Boston, 1796)
- Washington (Roxbury, 1796)
- Union (Dorchester, 1796)
- Hiram (Lexington, 1797)
- Meridian (Watertown, 1797)
- Mount Moriah (Reading, 1798)
- Mount Lebanon (Boston, 1801)
- Rural (Quincy, 1801)
- Constellation (Dedham, 1801)
DISTRICT 2 (Newburyport and North Shore)
Jonathan Gage, District Deputy Grand Master; 8 Lodges
- Philanthropic (Marblehead, 1760)
- St. John's (Newburyport, 1766)
- The Tyrian (Gloucester, 1770)
- St. Peter's (Newburyport, 1773)
- Unity (Ipswich, 1779)
- Essex (Salem, 1792)
- Merrimack (Haverhill, 1802)
- St. Mark's, (Newburyport, 1803)
DISTRICT 3 (South Shore and Cape Cod)
John D. Dunbar, District Deputy Grand Master; 8 Lodges
- Old Colony (Hanover, 1792)
- King Hiram's (Provincetown, 1795)
- Adams (Wellfleet, 1797)
- Marine (Falmouth, 1798)
- Fore Fathers' Rock (Plymouth, 1801)
- Sumner (Dennis, 1801)
- Fraternal (Barnstable, 1801)
- Corner Stone (Duxbury, 1801)
DISTRICT 4 (Southeast)
Seth Padelford, District Deputy Grand Master; 7 Lodges
- Bristol (Norton, 1797)
- Fellowship (Bridgewater, 1797)
- Montgomery (Franklin, 1797)
- Eastern Star (Rehoboth, 1798)
- King David (Taunton, 1798)
- Rising Star (Stoughton, 1799)
- Washington Remembered (Roxbury, 1803)
DISTRICT 5 (Framingham, west and north)
Timothy Whiting, District Deputy Grand Master; 6 Lodges
- Trinity (Lancaster, 1776)
- Middlesex (Framingham, 1795)
- St. Paul's (Groton, 1797)
- Corinthian (Concord, 1797)
- Social (Ashby, 1798)
- Aurora (Leominster, 1801)
DISTRICT 6 (Central Mass., Worcester)
Ebenezer Phillips, District Deputy Grand Master; 8 Lodges
- Morning Star (Worcester, 1793)
- Fayette (Charlton, 1796)
- Thomas (Monson, 1796)
- Olive Branch (Oxford, 1797)
- Meridian Sun (Brookfield, 1797)
- Mount Zion (Hardwick, 1800)
- Harris (Athol, 1802)
- Charity (Mendon, 1803)
DISTRICT 7 (North Central Massachusetts)
Solomon Vose, District Deputy Grand Master; 5 Lodges
- Federal (Blandford, 1792)
- Republican (Greenfield, 1794)
- Harmony (Northfield, 1796)
- Jerusalem (South Hadley, 1797)
- Pacific (Sunderland, 1801)
DISTRICT 8 (Berkshires)
Caleb Hyde, District Deputy Grand Master; 7 Lodges
- Friendship (Williamstown, 1785)
- Franklin (Cheshire, 1794)
- Evening Star (Lenox, 1795)
- Cincinnatus (Great Barrington, 1795)
- Sincerity (Partridgefield, 1801)
- Wisdom (West Stockbridge, 1803)
- Sheffield (Sheffield, 1803)
DISTRICT 9 (Southern Maine)
Woodbury Storer, District Deputy Grand Master; 7 Lodges
- Portland (Portland (Me.), 1762)
- Lincoln (Wiscasset (Me.), 1792)
- Kennebec (Hallowell (Me.), 1796)
- United (Topsham (Me.), 1801)
- Saco (Pepperellboro (Me.), 1802)
- Pythagorean (Fryeburg (Me.), 1803)
- Cumberland (New Gloucester (Me.), 1803)
DISTRICT 10 (Central Maine)
George Ulmer, District Deputy Grand Master; 3 Lodges
DISTRICT 11 (Eastern Maine)
John Cooper, District Deputy Grand Master; 3 Lodges
DISTRICT 12 (Islands)
William Coffin, District Deputy Grand Master; 2 Lodges
- Union (Nantucket, 1771)
- King Solomon Lodge in Perfection (Holmes' Hole, 1797)
OUTSIDE OF MASSACHUSETTS
No District Deputy Grand Master; 2 Lodges
- American Union (Marietta (Ohio), 1776)
- St. John's (Starbrock, Demarara, 1801)