Difference between revisions of "GrandOrganists"
(Created page with "== GRAND ORGANISTS == The first appointed Grand Organist served in 1845; since then, Grand Organists have served long terms, particularly in the late 19th and early to mid 20...")
Latest revision as of 14:18, 23 June 2020
The first appointed Grand Organist served in 1845; since then, Grand Organists have served long terms, particularly in the late 19th and early to mid 20th centuries.
During the 1850s and 1860s, the Grand Lodge also had an appointed Grand Chorister, who organized the singing of Brethren during meetings. This office was sometimes combined with the Organist position.
- 1845-1848: Francis L. Raymond
- 1849-1851: Henry G. Clark
- 1852-1854: Spencer Nolan
- 1855-1864: Irving I. Harwood
- 1865: Horace G. Barrows
- 1866-1867: John B. Rhodes
- 1868-1880, 1893-1907: Howard M. Dow
- 1882-1892, 1908-1922: William H. Gerrish
- 1923-1956: R. Franz Reissmann
- 1957-1967: Earl R. Weidner
- 1968: C. Emerson Fox
- 1969-1972: E. Ellsworth Chase
- 1973: Norman A. Ray
- 1974-1975: Theodore W. Dearborn
- 1976-1987: George A. Wilkins
- 1988-2012: Marvin L. Eatough
- 2013-2020: George A. Wiseman
Massachusetts People main page